• Yes

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 73 73.0%
  • Depends..Please explain

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I asked him what he wants in a woman..he told me he wanted her to be a freak...wow lol...

Sent from my LS670 using LS670

Nope. I only get on with people who mind their own business and someone who minds his own business can never become a preacher.

This is very interesting because I'm on a dating website (yet have gone on no dates yet) and this guy that I'm talking to on there is going to be getting his Master's degree in Divinity. He believes that his calling is to be involved in ministry.

I then thought about my life...

:angel::angel: I went to a Catholic School, I go to church regularly, I am in a profession that involves me helping others...

:heated::heated::heated: On the other hand, I curse like a sailor, I enjoy the wines and spirits, I'm not a virgin, I watch Rated R movies, I enjoy lude humor, and I wear red lipstick :burnup::burnup::burnup:

If I walk past the door of HIS church, the doors might just fly open.

And I'd run in the opposite direction...:look:

The hell?! LMAO

Sent from my Desire HD using Desire HD

He was only a deacon when we met. :look: As soon as he told me that I was like- oh well that's not gonna fly but he was the one that pursued me. I visited his church once where he was a deacon- only white dot in a black church praying over the offering. He's not a "normal" religious person- more of a community activist than a pastor. I couldn't put up with that other foolishness- if only to be entertained. :lol:

Nope. I'm Catholic and although I was raised Methodist let's just say I changed religions for a reason. Second, since I'm from an interfaith family I'm uncomfortable dating someone who believes their religion is "the one true path" and want to raise their kids like that. There's a lot more reasons but those are the most important.

Thats a dang on shame that preaches have this reputation SMDH. My answer is NO as well. I did date this guy who I later found out was a preacher AND also married!!! He lied about EVERYTHING too. It took a quick search on Google to find out everything I needed to know and the only thing he would own up to was that he was a former preacher :nono: swears up and down that he wasn't married. I believed he called from his honeymoon too.

No as I am not dating with purpose ie marriage and know good and gosh well I m no pastor wife material..Im not uppity a bit too raw.

I asked him what he wants in a woman..he told me he wanted her to be a freak...wow lol...

See, this right here is part of what makes me say no too. I know some of these preachers are a mess and a half. I wouldn't want to deal with the regular female/male relationship issues + the religious aspect. Plus I mean honestly, if I'm struggling with my flesh, I sure as heck don't need a preacher egging me on to give up the goods :lol:. What does that look like!

Preachers on #2 on my top five list of men that I would never date. I've seen them do and say some crazy things.

And there you have it. A lot of people are drawn to the ministry because they're exorcising their own demons.

Either you get one who's repressing his stuff and super strict (that is until he cracks and then you gotta deal with the repenting and even more strictness) or they're living a double life.

:nono:

Went on 1 date with one when DH and I were on a break. He was a nasty ****. He actually told me that his mentor ( a big time Dallas preacher) told him anal before marriage was ok....yeah. I've never been so glad to have driven my own car to a date. Why would you say some ish like that on a first date???????

Oh no. It's not THE big time preaacher in Dallas is it? :nono:

I dated one (tall, dark, handsome and young) and I didn't have a problem with it. It just didn't work out, because I was seriously interested in someone else(dating a few folks at the same time). He has been sniffing around since he found out that I was no longer getting married. He has ask me out again but our schedules can never sync up, but my schedule will have calmed down sometime in June, so I am sure we will go out.

Dang yall act like she is trying to husband the man up. She only ask would we date one. No, I wouldn't marry a preacher and this guy knows that, but he insist on trying to date me.

I'm a PK and I vowed never to marry a preacher. Not saying anything about my dad, but I couldn't stand all the women throwing themselves at my man if he was a preacher.[/QUOTE]

The preachers now throw themselves at all the women in the congregation. They don't make them like they used to, believe me.

Went on 1 date with one when DH and I were on a break. He was a nasty ****. He actually told me that his mentor ( a big time Dallas preacher) told him anal before marriage was ok....yeah. I've never been so glad to have driven my own car to a date. Why would you say some ish like that on a first date???????

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

this actually blew my head back. :blush:

I doubt that I can date a preacher. It takes a special kind of woman to be a preacher's wife. I don't fit that mold, not in the least bit.

He was only a deacon when we met. :look: As soon as he told me that I was like- oh well that's not gonna fly but he was the one that pursued me. I visited his church once where he was a deacon- only white dot in a black church praying over the offering. He's not a "normal" religious person- more of a community activist than a pastor. I couldn't put up with that other foolishness- if only to be entertained. :lol:

Well he seems unique. He must be open-minded if he is the only white minister in a predominantly black church. I would date him. I think alot if us are turned of by the pretentiousness and tradition exhibited in some black churches and don't want to have anything to do with it.

I doubt that I can date a preacher. It takes a special kind of woman to be a preacher's wife. I don't fit that mold, not in the least bit.

I've dated a preacher before.
Long story short. To him, the things I did were not very "HOLY" (i.e wearing a belly chain, going to girls night out) and I need to learn how to mind a man. :perplexed

Wow, this thread gave me a good laugh for today. :)

My current boyfriend isn't a preacher, but if he were ever to head into that direction I wouldn't stop him, because I truly believe that it is an enriching profession with honest work. Not all preacher's are hot messes. BUT I just know where I'm at in my life, and I know that I'm not rushing to be a minister's wife and pray for anyone or give consolation anytime soon. The Lord will just have to deal with me any way he sees fit.

Back