Working out with a wig on?

lushcoils

Any ladies here work out with their wig on?

I really need to go back to the gym. It's been over a month. I'm currently wigging it out.

My TWA is really uneven, so I don't like wearing out in public. But it's too short for other styles right now, and I don't like wearing scarves when I'm out either.

I'm not worried about my wig falling off. My workouts aren't that intense. Just run a mile on the track, do stairs, elliptical, weight room, and maybe walk on the treadmill.

I'm worried about my hair sweating under my wig, hygiene, and how long my will last if I keep working out with it. (I'm not sure if this matters. But I make my own wigs, and I put a plastic cap as the first layer under the wig cap so my hair is being baggied under the wig.)

Thanks.

I would take it off in the locker room. Imagine all that heat on your head! I wear bandanas as well.

Any ladies here work out with their wig on?

I really need to go back to the gym. It's been over a month. I'm currently wigging it out.

My TWA is really uneven, so I don't like wearing out in public. But it's too short for other styles right now, and I don't like wearing scarves when I'm out either.

I'm not worried about my wig falling off. My workouts aren't that intense. Just run a mile on the track, do stairs, elliptical, weight room, and maybe walk on the treadmill.

I'm worried about my hair sweating under my wig, hygiene, and how long my will last if I keep working out with it. (I'm not sure if this matters. But I make my own wigs, and I put a plastic cap as the first layer under the wig cap so my hair is being baggied under the wig.)

Thanks.

wow this was me a few months ago but now ill tell u i dont work out that for one im 5ft 4in 108lbs on a good day so i really run from workouts but i do do Everything with my wig on i almost act as if it doesnt come off till its tc time but i dont spend alot of money on my wigs 30 the mostso i do change them often about every 2 weeks or so, hth

I have worked out with a wig on. I just put on the plastic cap and tucked it under the wig. It was fine. The wig was pretty well ventilated so it didn't feel any hotter than wearing it during the day. And with the bag, I wasn't perspiring right into the wig. The wig was actually more protected than when I wore the wig cap. My wig was very short however and didn't hang very far down on my neck or on my face.

I have worked out with a half wig on and I did not have any problems. I sweat alot regardless of what is on my head. I just take that wig off when I get home.

My mom takes her wig off for workouts and puts a bandanna over her TWA.

I have yet to end up at the gym with a wig. It's like when I wear a wig, the gym becomes my kryptonite :lol:

Gotta loose this 10lbs and get back in the gym! :look:

I was not allowed in the gym today b/c I had a silk scarf on. I was told baseball caps only...so I walked out.

I was not allowed in the gym today b/c I had a silk scarf on. I was told baseball caps only...so I walked out.

manter26 - say whaaaaaaaaat?:blush: Probably thought it brought about an unwanted urban flair to the environment - LOSERS! Entyway what's up now with the mini braids - how do you protect them without having to wash them too often. I still want to try but I'm waiting until September - I'm afraid they will look too anemic (like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree) on my head:ohwell:. I'm so into your bun though I don't think I have enough length.

manter26 - say whaaaaaaaaat?:blush: Probably thought it brought about an unwanted urban flair to the environment - LOSERS! Entyway what's up now with the mini braids - how do you protect them without having to wash them too often. I still want to try but I'm waiting until September - I'm afraid they will look too anemic (like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree) on my head:ohwell:. I'm so into your bun though I don't think I have enough length.

Ha, that was so long ago. I never went back to that gym. :lol: It was a silk scarf from Jones New York and was anything but urban. smh.

I have a post about working out in braids on my blog: http://minibraidmethod.com/2012/06/mini-braids-working-out-styles/

I can wash often with no problem. Honestly, I'm not as active as I should be. I cowash max 2x a week and do protein treatments on the weekend and my braids have held up well.

Back