Why the Change

leona2025

In the past I have used several relaxers. From Age 13 to 18 I used Gentle Treatment Super. It always left my hair under processed and eventually it just didn't work on my hair at all. I tried Optimum and my hair came out course and hard to comb. Then I switched to Profectiv from 19 to about 22. I stopped using it because it was becoming hard to find. I currently use Optimum Ant breakage and have been faithful too it for the past few years. I was wondering what are the reason you ladies switch relaxers and which ones have you tried? What were your results? Is it dangerous to switch? My mom always told me my hair would fall out if I switched so I'm usually really scared to try a new relaxer.

I've tried about 5 relaxers in the past few years.

I have a big issue with getting my hair straight. I tried a lot of different relaxers in different strengths to see which one gets my hair the straightest without leaving it in over the limit.

I have resistant hair and the only way to get my hair straight is to literally get a super relaxer and leave it on for an hour. I don't want to do that, so I'll settle for texlaxed.

I think I'll stay with ORS super. Good straightening power, less damage. :yep:

Hawaiian Silky isn't as powerful, but leaves your hair soft, shiny and silky :yep:

I'd stay away from motions and revlon realistic.

Oh yeah I did try motions for a while. I don't have a real problem getting my hair straight. Almost every relaxer I have used did that. Besides straightness how do you know you are using a good relaxer?

Back