Why not?

Compassion

Greetings everyone,

Hope you had a blessed weekend. Anyway, why is it that it seems no one uses ALL the products from one product line??
For instance, some people use Elucene's Shampoo, with Mizani's Moisturefuse Conditioner, and then a leave in by Kiehl's. Why not use the entire line?? Don't they formulate each product to compliment the other in the line?? I'm just curious. I'm wondering if there is a particular reason why no one (seemingly) uses the products from one line? I thought about trying that.

Blessings,
Compassion

For me personally, the ingredient content in some other motions products I refuse to use on my hair. Also sometimes the other products don't do jack for my hair either. A lot of it is experimentation. If you stick to one line, thinking that it's best to do this for your hair, and then try another product which works better, you'll end up experimenting more and listening to people's product recommendations, so by the time you're done you have a product from every line for you hair regimen.

Hi Compassion,

That's a good question. Professionals and product distributors both say that using an entire product line is better because the products in one line are made to compliment each other. I love Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo, but I much prefer Mizani Moisturfuse than Nexxus Humctress. I just find that the Moisturfuse makes my hair softer and imparts more moisture to my hair. I am guilty of using different items from different lines. I would like to use an entire product line for 6 months to see if there's a difference from the way I've been doing it. We'll see... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Compassion:

I can honestly say that there have been times when I started out using a entire line of products and then over time certain items in a line didn't work on my hair or I would find out that I was allergic to an ingredient in a product.

Over time I have found that it is better for me to look for products that my hair responds to than using an entire line.

For me, there were just some products in a line that either I didn't like, or another company had a better one. However, lately I've been trying all sorts of products and most were just a waste of money. Once I use up the rest of my products, I've decided to stick with Mizani since I've had great results with a lot of their products. I will also probably alternate that with products from other Soft Sheen brands (the manufacturers of Mizani), Revlon, and Keracare.

I have to agree with everyone else. Some products in a line are fantastic while the rest of the line sucks. Some personal examples include Fantasia, Breakthru, Mizani, Nexxus and Motions. I think Motions relaxer is great but most of their conditioners leave a heavy film. Fantasia's leave in works wonders on my hair but their deep condtioner is an absolute nightmare (I also love their Pure Tea shampoo). Mizani Moisturefuse is a nightmare (IMO) because of the film it leaves behind but I am a fan of their leave-in, oil sheen and setting lotion. Breakthru makes an excellent shampoo but the conditioner was probably one of the only products that Ive actually thrown in the garbage. Pantene's condtioners are very good for the price but the leave in makes my hair feel a little funny. I very rarely find an entire product line that works well together. I find that mixing products gives me better results and the constant shock to my cuticle gives me shine almost every time.

Back