why do i still have weak ends?

streets

can someone please tell me how to keep my ends from snapping off! I have fine, straight hair. Seems like no matter what I do- BREAK:wallbash:
I currently use: glyserine, conditioner, s curl, seal with oil, bun. No heat.
WHY DO I STILL HAVE WEAK ENDS????

Are you relaxed or natural and does your conditioner have any protein in it? How often do you use heat, if at all?

sounds as if your ends are suffering from too much moisture.

Have you tried a protein treatment?

Last edited:
It could be the S- curl.

What she said, my hair did not like S-curl broke off like you're describing a protein treatment may be in order, also maybe you should try dry baggying (don't use a spray or water just before you baggy just oil)

s-curl made my hair really soft/feel moisturized
but it broke a lot

i was saying that it made it shed a lot
but now that i think about it
i dont thing those were shed (with bulb) pieces

Using S-Curl set me back 2 inches during a long stretch. I have long hair but it's very, very fine. I cannot use S-Curl, glycerin or any of the very heavy moisturizers. Try using ORS Mayonaise, perhaps mixed with 1 egg and some olive oil. That helped me achieve a nice moisture-protein balance. We fine-haired gals must be careful with the amount of products put on the hair. It weighs it down and makes it prone to breakage and damage. Also, don't bun everyday. Vary your protective styles. My setback came when I was stretching and bunned daily, adding too many products. When bunning, the ends of your hair bend. With fine hair, those ends are more prone to breakage when they are weak.

can someone please tell me how to keep my ends from snapping off! I have fine, straight hair. Seems like no matter what I do- BREAK:wallbash:
I currently use: glyserine, conditioner, s curl, seal with oil, bun. No heat.
WHY DO I STILL HAVE WEAK ENDS????

How long are the hairs that break off? If they are long, but shorter than the length of your hair, then try clarifying, use moderate protein, followed by a real moisturizing deep conditioner.

If the hair that break off are short, like less that one inch or so and are all over, then sorry, but you need a trim.

Back