Why Did I Wait So Long????

Nice & Wavy

To do a Yogurt treatment?

I can't even believe it:blush:...my hair has increased moisture about 50% and it has loosened my curls so that I get a 'hanging' effect moreso now than before!!!

I used:

FAGE Yogurt - it has 14% fat content in this yogurt. Very thick. I used 1/2 cup

1/2 teaspoon of Honey

1/2 teaspoon of EVOO

1/2 teaspoon of molasses

1 tablespoon of AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner

I blended well and put the mixture in my hair. I left it on for about 3 hours.

I rinsed, and as I was rinsing, I felt my hair get really, really soft....really soft.

I then added just a tad of conditioner, massaged it into my hair and then rinsed.

When I looked in the mirror, my curls have changed...for the better..they aren't as tight as they were.

The next test is to see how well this softness last and if my curls stay the way they are, or go back to where they were....I'm excited to see.

Thanks to all who shared their experiences on the forum so that those of us who are natural, can have an alternative when we are at our wits end....:yep:

Blessings!

Thanks for posting:goodone: I saved this recipe. I am going to give this a try. I have a problem w/shrinkage.
CurlyPonytail2-18-08NTM.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to try this the next time I wash my hair, I've been sleeping on this but I like the idea of loosening up the curl a little so that natural hair hangs a little more.

I haven't gotten around to trying yogurt yet either. I may try your recipe and use it as an excuse to buy AO Honeysuckle Rose, since I just used the last of my AO White Camellia Sunday night. :spinning:

I am so happy it worked for you. I have been doing this weekly since October and I still love its effect. This past Sunday, I used yogurt, a mane and tail conditioner I hadn't used in awhile (Cabellina del Caballos), honey, fructose, whey protein, coconut oil and MSM. I hadn't used my mane and tail conditioner in several months nor have I added MSM to my conditioner, so I do not know which ingredient kicked my concoction up a notch, but I had even more softness and moisture and even less shrinkage. I also used a conditioner afterwards for a couple of minutes as usual and my hair was :grin:.

P.S. It was probably the MSM. I had forgotten how great adding this to my concoctions is....

Hrrmm, MSM, huh? I've got a couple bottles (okay, maybe more than a couple) from when I jumped on the supplements bandwagon with both feet that I doubt I'll take before they expire - I might have to start dumping it into my concoctions.... it's really a form of non-stinky sulfur, isn't it?

Hrrmm, MSM, huh? I've got a couple bottles (okay, maybe more than a couple) from when I jumped on the supplements bandwagon with both feet that I doubt I'll take before they expire - I might have to start dumping it into my concoctions.... it's really a form of non-stinky sulfur, isn't it?

Yes, and lots of ladies have said in posts over the years that they have achieved a loosened curl pattern and softer texture with MSM so the yogurt and MSM combo seems terribly synergistic to me. I am here to tell you that this particular combo was :trampolin. I forgot, the mixture was so thick (probably because of the corn starch, I forgot about the corn starch) that I added some aloe vera juice/drink to it to thin it out. After I whisked it, it actually looked like something I could bottle and sell, but I'm not (smile)....

Cabellina del caballos mane and tail conditioner
honey
about a teaspoon of fructose
corn starch
two heaping tablespoons of goats milk yogurt
one scoop of whey protein powder
a splash of coconut oil
aloe vera juice
MSM

Out of all the different combinations and mixtures of my yogurt DC, this one was the best.

Cornstarch! Brilliant - to make it thicker??? It doesn't leave a white residue, or anything, does it?

After I added the corn starch (which I learned about from the caramel conditioner recipe) I was really skeptical because I thought that it would zap all the moisture out of my hair and I regretted adding it before I put in my hair. However, it did not zap the moisture out of my hair. Again, this was just a great combination of ingredients and since I do not wrote down my mad scientist creations, I am glad that I posted here so I can just refer back to this thread if I forget what I have done.

After I added the corn starch (which I learned about from the caramel conditioner recipe) I was really skeptical because I thought that it would zap all the moisture out of my hair and I regretted adding it before I put in my hair. However, it did not zap the moisture out of my hair. Again, this was just a great combination of ingredients and since I do not wrote down my mad scientist creations, I am glad that I posted here so I can just refer back to this thread if I forget what I have done.

I didn't even think of that - it could almost act like a 'reverse humectant'. Hrm. Cornstarch. I might have to experiment with that - that would make SEVERAL recipes SO much easier to use - and I've got a HUGE bag of it at home, too.
About how much did you use?

I am so happy it worked for you. I have been doing this weekly since October and I still love its effect. This past Sunday, I used yogurt, a mane and tail conditioner I hadn't used in awhile (Cabellina del Caballos), honey, fructose, whey protein, coconut oil and MSM. I hadn't used my mane and tail conditioner in several months nor have I added MSM to my conditioner, so I do not know which ingredient kicked my concoction up a notch, but I had even more softness and moisture and even less shrinkage. I also used a conditioner afterwards for a couple of minutes as usual and my hair was :grin:.

P.S. It was probably the MSM. I had forgotten how great adding this to my concoctions is....

Thanks. And I was going to put some MSM in my mixture and then changed my mind. I'm going to do it this weekend and this time, I'm going to add: SAA, Wheat Protien, Honeyquat, and some avocado to the mix (I'm going to use the other part of the avocado on some whole wheat bread...yummmy!:lick:)

I love the yogurt...it is soooooooooo thick and blended very well with the other items.

AWESOME thread ladies! Next month, I will try a yogurt treatment for my hair and report back.

The softness and look of your hair will be evident. I couldn't believe it.

What I have noticed this week since trying it, is that my hair is not only softer, but my curls are more defined...not tight, just defined...looks nice!

Thanks. And I was going to put some MSM in my mixture and then changed my mind. I'm going to do it this weekend and this time, I'm going to add: SAA, Wheat Protien, Honeyquat, and some avocado to the mix (I'm going to use the other part of the avocado on some whole wheat bread...yummmy!:lick:)

I love the yogurt...it is soooooooooo thick and blended very well with the other items.

now, you know that you must report back with your results, rights:rolleyes::yep:

Back