Why did I ever stop using

CheerBear

Palmers cocoa butter in my hair?!?!?! My friend who was also a member of the board(Realluvsanoxymoron)discovered last year sometime that putting cocoa butter in your hair is really moisturizing. At first I was sceptical cause she had 3 type hair and I didnt think it would work me too but it did! My hair was really soft, thick, moist, it had elasticity and was basically in it's best condition ever. I stopped doing this in the summer after I got micro braids and never went back. Maybe I'll try it again when I'm done with swimming. Another classic example of things you just SHOULD NOT put in your hair that actually works.

I have a huge jar of this , its getting more expensive by the year. But its the best brand of cocoa butter that I ve tried. I may give this a try on my hair too. It smells heavenly and its not as thick as grease is. I may use this on my ends to seal in moisture. Thanx for pointing this out
smile.gif

Off topic: I was a lurker for a long time and RealLuvs posts always cracked me up! I hope she is doing okay..

Cocoa Butter: Yes some peeps raved about it a while back. It contains similar ingredients to other moisturizers marketed for the hair too.. If it works stick to it, Im still searching for my fav daily moisturizer. I might try that..

How is RealLuv doing? Does she not want to play with us anymore?

Does it matter what kind you use? Why is it something you shouldn't use?
confused.gif
I thought it was fine b/c it's of botanical origin? I read that it keeps the hair moisturized b/c it attracts moisture from the air.

[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:
How is RealLuv doing? Does she not want to play with us anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]
She graduated in december and is home working. She doesnt have internet access but she is well!

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Does it matter what kind you use? Why is it something you shouldn't use?
confused.gif
I thought it was fine b/c it's of botanical origin? I read that it keeps the hair moisturized b/c it attracts moisture from the air.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about how other people's hair will take to it, but my hair only responded to the Palmers brand. It prolly is something ok to use on the hair, but i'd never heard of people using lotion for hair care until last year and when we found the boards, i then discovered its common

wow cheerbear,

i never thought about using cocoa butter in my hair but i know that it works wonders for blemishes on my skin. i posted about cocoa butter today and how good it works for my skin....

i might try a smidgen on my ends.

This is what I would use on my hair in the winter. (I have pics in my December album of braid-outs that were done with Palmer's cocoa butter). The product smells great, too.

Back