Why can't I freaking braid?!!?!?!

RosesBlack

I tried a braid out on my air dried hair.

Um wow no. :nono:

I can't cornrow so I did smallish box braids. That went remarkably well, I sealed the ends with coconut oil, moisturized with Hollywood beauty olive oil cream as usual.

I took them out this morning and my hair went buck wild. Seems like each braid section decided to go in a different direction and it was not cute at all.

WHY CAN'T I FREAKING CORN ROW ALREADY?!?!?!?!

I am so annoyed.

So I combed it a bit, and sort of muscled it into a semi curly/wavy/fluffy little puff thing. It's sort of cute but not at all what I was going for.

I want mine to look like this lady's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3kjX5Q_XLs

Are you an LHCF member? Is there another braiding method that could help me achieve that look? With the shrinkage from my NG I think it'd look about like that.

The only good thing to come out of this is that combed the curls/waves look almost natural and I got complemented at the bus stop.

Other than that DAMN IT MAN.

:(

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Is anyone else mad they can't braid?

I had to rant a little and I know y'all understand. Feel free to rant too. or point and laugh at me. I will probably post a crappy webcam pic later on or make my boyfriend go get new batteries for the camera so I can document this mess.

I can't cornrow, but you don't have to for a great braid out.

I noticed that when I did small braids, my braid outs weren't so cute.

I just do fat braids on wet hair, let it dry and then take the braids down. Then I seperate the crinkles. Looks good and get compliments.:grin:

I can't cornrow, but you don't have to for a great braid out.

I noticed that when I did small braids, my braid outs weren't so cute.

I just do fat braids on wet hair, let it dry and then take the braids down. Then I seperate the crinkles. Looks good and get compliments.:grin:

That's what I do too and I get pretty good results-- but, sometimes I do small braids too.I always do my braidouts on wet hair though.

Thank you ladies.

I think I'm going to try with bigger braids.

I loved the shine and texture of some of the sections but wow.

Thanks for posting that fotki link.

I always start out my cornrows ok but somewhere in the middle it all goes downhill and I'm not sure why.

I'm going to keep trying. Unless of course I wind up pulling out all my damn hair in the process.

Don't Worry!!!! We're here to help.

Between me & LadyKaypnyc we will have you cornrowing like an expert in no time. Did you see her most recent cornrow video on that same youtube channel? Here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzgYVgSiMHI
Can you post a photo of the end result you get when you try to cornrow?
that will help us see what might be going wrong.

Plus, feel free to PM either one of us with questions, we are both on here most of the time to help.

Thanks so much.

After watching both of your videos I think I lose my finger positioning in the middle. That's usually where I start making a mess where my hair gets longer and I don't quite know what to do with my fingers.

If my hair isn't too tangled/I'm not too tired I am going to try cornrows again tonight and see if I can't take some of the volume out of my fluff.

Back