Who Uses MTG While In Braids?

Sincerely_Ciara

I have a quick question for the ladies that this question applies to,
I am tryna be REAL careful of what I put on my braids because I don't wanna have to deal with excessive build-up. Does MTG cause buildup?
How often do you apply it to the scalp?

Thanks, Ciara

I've been using it once a week for a month now and it does cause buildup but you can seabreeze ur scalp, that should help.

Growinpainz said:
I've been using it once a week for a month now and it does cause buildup but you can seabreeze ur scalp, that should help.

Thanks, and are you still seeing benefits even though you are using it once a week?

Ciara, I see in your siggy that you're pregnant. First, CONGRATS!

Second, someone (can't remember who) posted a thread on this site warning against using MTG while pregnant. Just wanted to tell you that.

Good luck with everything.

Hey, I had my braids in for 7 weeks and used MTG about 3 times per wk. During the 7 wk period, I washed about 2 times (gross, I know). But when I took my braids out, I was amazed at how little build up I had. Usually, I have to pry my hair apart and separate it after I take braids out (I used to put grease on my scalp).

secretdiamond said:
Ciara, I see in your siggy that you're pregnant. First, CONGRATS!

Second, someone (can't remember who) posted a thread on this site warning against using MTG while pregnant. Just wanted to tell you that.

Good luck with everything.

I stopped using it recently b/c I found out I was pregnant too...I'm wondering if it can be used...I'll search for the thread.

I wasn't aware of that. I don't wanna risk anything, so I'll probably won't be using it until after the baby is born.

Thanks secretdiamond!

And congrats MrsHouston! How far along are you?

Sincerely_Ciara said:
I wasn't aware of that. I don't wanna risk anything, so I'll probably won't be using it until after the baby is born.

Thanks secretdiamond!

Six weeks. congrads to you too!

aloha_bef said:
is the smell really that bothersome?

I use it once a week. You can use some essential oils to cover up the smell. I used lemongrass and lemon and rosemary to cover the smell, it works wonders. I just hate that white filmy build up so you ahev to was your haie every 2 weeks.

Thanks Sincerely_Ciara for asking this! I got braids yesterday, and I'm currently waiting for some stuff I ordered to make my own MTG, but I wasnt sure if I should use it or wait, but now I know! Thanks

1) When i have braids, i use MTG nearly everyday... it does cause build-up. But its easily removed w/regular weekly washes. :) I get the best growth while MTG'ing in braids.

2) This is all moot anyway, because you should absolutely not be using MTG while preggers (or breastfeeding, for that matter). So we can revisit this topic in May!!!! Congratulations to you, btw!!!!!!!!!! :D

I've also been using MTG on and off while in braids. I haven't experienced build up problems and, I find it's alot easier to apply it with braids.

Sincerely_Ciara said:

Thanks secretdiamond!

No problem. :)

Congrats to you too Mrs. Houston!

Sincerely_Ciara said:
I have a quick question for the ladies that this question applies to,
I am tryna be REAL careful of what I put on my braids because I don't wanna have to deal with excessive build-up. Does MTG cause buildup?
How often do you apply it to the scalp?

Thanks, Ciara

Hey Sincerely_Ciara i use MTG while in braids, cornrows, twists. i use it daily. To avoid build up i also use the wild growth hair oil and gueyes braid spray. what it does there always gonna be build up but instead of a clump knot that take all the hair out, you just see white stuff (the sulfur contained in the mtg) im show u a pix

Hosted on Fotki

You see all the white stuff in the front you see that it s not solid but liquid cause as i do the baggie method daily and leave the hair in the plastic cap with the mtg and the wgo, the hair stays moisturized and humid and not dry and doesnt clump so the white stuff (build up is liquid or is easily rinsed out and mind you i kept the hair braided for 2 months). i find that when you use mtg u have to keep the hair covered anyway else you gonna ruin pillows, sofas whatever lol just like that soulglow juice:lol: :lachen:

I use MTG while in braids I do have some build up but this go round I have less. The smaller the braids the more hair it takes out, that's why I aim for larger braids.

I love MTG for growth:). The ONLY time I use it is when I'm in braids becuase its too heavy for me to wear on my flat irons and pin curls.

MTG will leave build up if u do not: shake it well before applying, keep your braids moist ( braids spray, activator, etc) and wash ur braids. Its the sulfur that is building up and can become real grainy like sand.

The smell is klinda bad so I add a few drops of Ylang ylang oil. I hate oiling my scalp so I only use it about 1-2x a week and I honestly have more growth than usual. Im actually keeping a MTG photo journal in my fotki that I'll make public soon.

Good luck with baby....

I used MTG nightly when I was in braids and covered my head with a plastic cap and scarf. I rinsed or washed the braids maybe once a week. I can usually wear braids for 2-3 months... I could only keep my braids in for 18 days. I loooove MTG.

I thought I was bugging out... I started using MTG on Nov 17 and my hair is growing already. The new growth is coming baby!:D My hair looks as though I had it in for a month.. I am happy. I am owning 3 inches of growth within the next 2 months...

I just took my braids down and this is the growth I got so far I will still be doing it without the braids hope I get a little more. Oh I been using virgin hair fertilizer with it so that probably contribute to it.
110549.jpg

110447.jpg

Back