Which shampoo works.....

praisedancer

Ladies please help me. I'm transitioning and I don't know which shampoo would best suit me. I'm currently using Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship, which does absolutely nothing for my NG. So ladies what are your suggestions?

I am a transitioning 4b and Joico Moisture Recovery is what I am now using. I wish I would've used it in the beginning but I just recently found it and it does an awesome job on my relaxed ends AND my new growth. Very moisturizing and it is pH balanced for hair so it won't strip it. It is a very good quality product, highly recommended!:yep:

when I was going through my transition or whenever I long term stretch, john freida shampoo for curls gave really good slip and was very moisturizing. Also Creme of Nature moisturizing poo with the green label, but that is hard to find because they discontinued.

When I transitioned I mainly used Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, or Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo. They all worked well and have a nice texture to them. Elucence is concentrated so I only need a little. It's now my staple as a natural.

thanks ladies. i can't wait to began using one(or more) of the shampoos you all suggested. b/c what works for my relaxed hair does not work for my ng.

If you already have a conditioner you really like I suggest mixing a little baking soda with it. The baking soda will get your scalp and hair clean while the conditioner moisturizes. That way you don't end up with stripped hair. I've done the mix with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner and with Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner, worked great with both.

when I was going through my transition or whenever I long term stretch, john freida shampoo for curls gave really good slip and was very moisturizing. Also Creme of Nature moisturizing poo with the green label, but that is hard to find because they discontinued.

Totally agree. Although I am not transitioning ( I am seriously thinking about it though) CON (green label) is soooo moisturizing. Leaves your hair very soft. Just bought a 32oz from Sally's for $5.99.

I have found my staple and will stick with it. My newgrowth is off the chain since I've been stretching since May 08. I love this shampoo because it makes my hair feel extremely moisturized and EASILY detangles. It is by the same maker of KEMI Oil. Kemi Moyst No Soap Shampoo for dry and damaged hair. It was faily inexpensive 5.99 I think fora 16oz bottle. Here are the ingredients:

Water, quilaia complex, moisture-pro complex, seaweed complex, herbal based complex extract, natural oils, panthenol, slip complex, preservatives and fragrance.

Their website is www.kemiorganics.com. HTHs

Verifen Complex Beneficial Phase Shampoo and Cream of Nature (moisturizing/detangling formula) shampoo.

Back