Which S-Curl is everyone always raving about?

isioma85

I'm about to go shopping for some hair products, and I plan to get this mysterious S-Curl I keep hearing about. But now I google it and I see a Jheri culr activator? :confused:

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me which S- Curl to buy (relaxed 4a/b hair) and possibly post a picture. I don't want to buy the wrong thing. I did a search and everywhere it's mentioned it never specifies which one.

TIA. :)

i've used both the one in the white and blue bottle and the one in the gray and white bottle. you can get a small bottle at target for like $2.00

I use the S-Curl texturizer spray. It is thicker than the one for the Jherri Curl and it smells wayyyyyyy better. I LOVE it. Use it sparingly though you don't want to overmoisturize.

It is in a gray and blue bottle it isn't greasy runny or smelly like the one in the white bottle IMO

In the last photo with me wearing my afro phony pony I am eight weeks post. I have no trouble combing my newgrowth because of the S-Curl.

Here is the walgreens link:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100316&navAction=jump&navCount=4&id=prod8266

Good Luck!

trimbride said:
I use the S-Curl texturizer spray. It is thicker than the one for the Jherri Curl and it smells wayyyyyyy better. I LOVE it. Use it sparingly though you don't want to overmoisturize.

It is in a gray and blue bottle it isn't greasy runny or smelly like the one in the white bottle IMO

In the last photo with me wearing my afro phony pony I am eight weeks post. I have no trouble combing my newgrowth because of the S-Curl.

Here is the walgreens link:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100316&navAction=jump&navCount=4&id=prod8266

Good Luck!

God bless you! :kiss: I'm glad someone with my same hair type was able to respond, I know different people use different products according to their hair and stuff. I'm about to cop that!

So it helps control new growth too? That'll be great, that's one of the things that I'm so frustrated about, new growth looking to' up all the time when I'm trying to get my stretch on! :lol: I plan to use this with some 100% Jojoba oil from Trader Joe's, hopefully my edges will look a little better!

Your welcome it is definitely a keeper. Just be careful not to overuse it and to keep up with your protien so that you don't overmoisturize. I only spray this directly onto my new growth. Mainly I concentrate on the crown this is where my hair is the most resistant/unruly. I spray a little on my hairline pull my hair back into a loose ponytail and put on my scarf. At 8 weeks post when I take my hair out the ponytail I can comb my hair with very very little breakage or trouble or broken comb teeth:grin: .

trimbride said:
At 8 weeks post when I take my hair out the ponytail I can comb my hair with very very little breakage or trouble or broken comb teeth:grin: .

Girl, I think you're my hair twin! I can't type much now cos I gotta clock out of work (Fridaaaayyyy! :D ), but we have to talk more! I thought I was the only one who breaks teeth off of combs (sometimes the entire comb even).

Thank you for your responses, ttyl, TGIF! :)

Back