Which LHCF member's reggie do you use?

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I've fallen off of the haircare wagon and I'm trying to get back on. Please answer the questions below. TIA :yep:

Who's reggie do you use?
What is that reggie?
How long have you been using it?
Are you seeing results?

If you use your own reggie and you're seeing results, what is that reggie?

I started off with the CASE method (Copy And Steal Everything). But have since taken a bit of everyone's reggie for my own...especially product wise.

The only "reggie" I use in its entirety is Sistaslick's Pre-Relaxer Prep. That has been a Godsend for me.

I have to say that with my regimen I am seeing results and my hair is thicker than it's been since I was a little girl.

i just co wash once a week and shampoo and deepcondition once a week. dont know if thats really a reggie but its working for me.
the products are use are:
keracare 1st lather
keracare hydrating and detangling shampoo
keracare humecto
paul mitchell the wash
redken all soft heavy cream
all soft shampoo
all soft conditioner
sebastian potion 9
salerm 21 b5 leave in

i use them in rotation and my hair has been thriving really well too.
normally when i co wash i dont deep condition. i may leave the conditioner on for 5-10 minutes with no heat so i dont consider that deep conditioning. i always use a leave in and rollerset. for about three weeks i fell off and was flat ironing instead of rollerseting but now im back on and it feels good:grin:.

I'm using a variation of Candy C's regimen...
I wash my hair twice a week with a blend of Ayurvedic powders and deep condition after everywash.
I then clarify with Organic shampoo every four weeks.
(That is Candy C's contribution to my regimen)

Aside from this, I moisturise and seal (especially the ends) twice a day and after every wash, I plait my hair and wear a wig as my protective style.
I've been doing this for nearly 3 months and yes I am seeing results.
I baggy everynight and wear a satin bonnet on top of that. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase.
I'm trying to keep it simple.
I am also taking supplements :yep:.

I posted this 8 week wet hair comparison pic a couple of weeks ago and hopefully when I flat iron my hair later this month, I will see more improvement.

COMPARE-vi.jpg

I've only started taking care of my hair since March, so it's still early days yet :spinning:.

Who's reggie do you use?

My very first regimen was from Carolyn Gray's book. She had a six-week regimen, I would repeat it during my 12-week stretches. I followed it religiously for about a year and a half and my hair thrived! But it was a bit product-intensive, so I scaled it down by reading others' reggies and experimenting on my own.

I love the scarf method from Sylver2 (an airdryer's dream!).
Also, her MaxiGlide fotki tutorial, helped me stretch like nobody's business. :yep:

SistaSlick - her relaxer and porosity articles raised my DIY game.
LHCF in general, has given me so many pearls of wisdom, there are so many others that have contributed to my growth thus far.

Macherieamour and SouthernTease - I love their turban towel steam method.

How long have you been using it? All together with ladies included - since late 2005...still a work in progress.

Are you seeing results? Oh yeah, I went from a teeny weeny afro, and now I am passed BSL. A few setbacks, but overall, I have a new head of hair!

If you use your own reggie and you're seeing results, what is that reggie?

My new regimen:
  • From weeks 1-12, I rollerset (sometimes under dryer and sometimes airdry) once or twice a week.
  • From 12-24 weeks, I wash every other week, airdry, flat iron roots.
  • I will be incorporating bagging back into my regi, and more airdried styles during the summer.
  • IN GENERAL: Prepoo always with oil or condish or both, DC with or without heat, use a Dominican rinse or porosity control as final rinse, then style.

Last edited:
Back