Which Deep Conditioner do You Use After Aphogee 2 Step Treatment?

MuslimahTresses

So far I know from reading alot of threads about the Hardcore Aphogee that the Moisturizing Conditoner they reccomend on the bottle by Aphogee is not moisturizing enough. Keracare Humecto isn't either. I don't know what other conditoner to try.

I wouldnt mind using the Aphogee 2 Step again but I need another deep conditioner to try instead of Keracare Humecto.

For all those who use the 2 step treatment, can you tell which deep conditioner you use afterwards? Thanks!

I use Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose or Kenra Moisturizing condish mixed with a little olive oil as the 2nd step. It turned out well but I'm always looking for more moisture. I want to try using Elucence next time to see if it's better.

Any of the conditioners I've reviewed favorably in my Drugstore album (see fotki) + vatika oil (or coconut or jojoba oil or castor oil) + honey (or agave or molasses). :yep:

I've used Keracare Humecto with a heating cap, sometimes added honey to it for a boost. Also used Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose and Nexxus Humectress. Found them very moisturising.

I usually use motions moisture plus. When I do the 2 step I always take it as an opportunity to test the effectiveness of a conditioner.

After I rinse in the shower I do a quick condition (this is the test) and then I deep condition with heat for 20-30 minutes with my usual deep conditioner.

That's how I know how moisturizing a conditioner is for me, if it makes my hair feel like silk after the 2 step it's a keeper. I usually stick with the motions though.

I've tried and liked the BJ's knock off version of Matrix and Biolage and I've also deep conditioned with the ORS.

I only like the creamy conditioners though.

I hated the Aphogee moisture condish. I use Nexxus Humectress and Dove(dark blue bottle) and found them very moisturizing

Aubrey Organics HSR (and if I have AO WC I mix them)

ETA: I'll be using Silicon Mix from now on! (I still love AO HSR though)

Last edited:
Ok. I'm finally brave enough to try the 2 Step today. I'll be dcing with Lustersilk's Cholesterol the mango one. Wish me luck!!!

I use Silk Elements Mega Silk in the creme tub myself and love the ULTRA soft hair after my 2 step!

Oh my goodness! Once again I am totally out of the loop! :drunk:

I had been using the aphogee protein in the white bottle, followed by the 2nd step in the pink bottle. After I rinse that out, then I DC with either Kenra MC (my love :infatuated:) or Suave Humectant w/some oil added in.

It never occurred to me that the second step in the pink bottle would be sufficient to use alone :spinning: OR that you could omit the second step condish completely and substitute something else! :spinning: lol... pass my dunce cap!

Either way, I find that doing the aphogee 2 step this way has worked well for my hair and left it quite strong and moisturized. :yep:

Back