Where my girls at? Daily bun challengers.....

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
how are you doing on this challenge? Can you see any difference? Have you cheated or dropped out?

I'm 3 months into this challenge and I'm proud of how long I've been holding out. Everyone has gotten used to me wearing a bun or updo every day so I don't get the questions anymore.

I think my problem is that I want to see the end results NOW! I got a trim yesterday and while my ends look great (I now have a blunt cut) I feel like I cut some of my progress.

I've decided to wear braids for the next 4 weeks to help stretch my relaxer. After I touch up I'll go back to my bun. Anyone else feeling a little discouraged?

Hi simplycee /images/graemlins/wave.gif. I can see a difference, but like you, I am also anxious to see instant length /images/graemlins/look.gif. My ends are holding up much better than usual since my last trim. I have cheated about 3 or 4 times, and I've been on the challenge for 2 months. A week or two ago, though, I decided to take one bun-free day every other week. I get discouraged sometimes, but I find that on days I get compliments on my buns or when I know they look cute, I am happy to be on the challenge, lol. It sounds like a braids break will do you some good...just don't abandon us entirely /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:
I get discouraged sometimes, but I find that on days I get compliments on my buns or when I know they look cute, I am happy to be on the challenge, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how I feel. /images/graemlins/up.gif I was starting to get tired of the bun...mainly because I have a love-hate relationship with it. I love the fact that I'm not in my hair as much...hate wearing it every day. I always wear a side bun...which has earned me the nick name Carmen. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it recently...so I love it again. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I had a trim last month on the 28th...and will be getting another this month. All in all...I think my ends are better being in the bun rather then being out...especially since it is freezing where I am now!

I'm doing an alternating bun challenge. I rollerset/wrap my hair and wear it down for one week and put it in a bun for the next week. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ive happily been on the daily bun challenge for 1 year and 3 months and I definately have seen a major difference in my hair and I do believe its mostly thanks to the bun!

Back