When you first joined, who was your inspiration?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
When I first joined LHCF, I had two inspirations: BabyGurl and LocksOfLuv

LocksOfLuv had such pretty hair and she had tremendous success with baggying. Her before and after pictures were truly inspiring. She was really nice too, answered all of my newbie questions (all 2 thousand of them! :lol: ) I don't think she's a member anymore :(

Babygurl's success with bunning is an inspiration. When I first saw her hair, I was like :eek2: I didn't know "we" could have hair like that! She inspired me to bun it up and keep those ends protected, so I could get phenomenal results like her!

Who were your first idols?

Everyone is my inspirations. I am jumping on the wet buns because of you. I love ya hair....

I believe it was pink skates and Chicoro initally, but the list of hair inspirations is soooooo long now.

Man I can't even think now. There were (still are) sooo many. Although most of the Ayurveda girls really stood out to me and inspire me.

oh but I have to give a shout out to Sera25. Her hair is breath taking!

Southerngirl
i didn't kno my hair would be alble to do the same things. bantu knots, stretching etc. i just thought she had 'good hur':lachen:

When I first started to lurk Wifey was my inspiration hands down. I stalked her fotki like a crazy woman and did almost everything that she did. Now I'm natural and I have inspirtations from here and BHM.

Southerngirl! I started self-relaxing because of her. Macherie was my inspiration for rollersetting. I also admired these ladies because they didn't really do protective styling, and I love wearing my hair out.

Ambitious1013 is my inspiration for me and a several other shorties on the board. Now that my hair is growing out, I had so many other inspirations.

Kinikakes, Softtresses , Pokahontas, Priestess, SherryLove from what I remember now. I know there are more. My current addition is Alliajp (sp?)

When I first joined:

Isis: she’s a 4b; I was amazed to see what her hair could do, love her thickness.
Sylver2: she can grow some hair and keep it simple.

Right about now, too many to mention.........:yep:

When I first joined back in 2004, my hair inspirations were den1, sherrylove, caramelhonee, adrienne0914, and supergirl. I know there were a few more but that's all I can think of right now.

Adrienne. i was on another site with her and i followed her here. her hair was the first time that i saw a grown woman with a texture similar to mine with wsl hair. i saw from when she grew it out from a short hair cut to that length.

Macherieamour.... actually, I saw her on YouTube before I even knew anything about LHCF. I only later found out she was a member. The same also goes for Candy C... I knew of her book before I knew she was a member of the forum.

Macherieamour.... actually, I saw her on YouTube before I even knew anything about LHCF. I only later found out she was a member. The same also goes for Candy C... I knew of her book before I knew she was a member of the forum.

Same here..

when I first joined, my #1 inspiration was zzirvingj, who i came to find out later didn't even have my same hairtype, but her hair def. inspired me to strive for a thick, healthy head of natural hair!!

Sistaslick. i read her articles on associated content before joining LHCF. I'm still new so everyone who shows progress is an inspiration

When I first started, Tiffers and Pokahontas was my inspiration. I saw what Tiffers started from and I was like, if she can so can I. Through out the months , I aslo became fans of other beautiful heads on here, but all of you are inspirations, I get a bit of something from each one of you beauties.

Sylver2 and Priestess! I don't know if they have the same hair types as me, but I ADORE their hair, and still do! There are many others now, but those were the original two.

There was also some girl on Fotki with relaxed 4a hair I think, and somehow her Fotki led me to this forum, but I don't know if she was a member or not. I'm pretty sure I ended up looking up her products, which led me to this forum cuz y'all are some hardcore product junkies :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Adrienne. i was on another site with her and i followed her here. her hair was the first time that i saw a grown woman with a texture similar to mine with wsl hair. i saw from when she grew it out from a short hair cut to that length.

I didn't know Adrienne was here until a few months ago. I was on BHSGO on Yahoo groups (back in 2002) and I was first inspired by Adrienne because of exactly what you stated. :yep:

Then I found LHCF in 05 and lurked until 06. Sistaslick, Anky (Angelicus), Sylver2, and Isis were my first inspirations when I started seriously working on growth, not just saying it.

It is so hard to choose. I have been inspired by so many people on this cite. I cannot say that there is only one that stands out because each inspirational moment that I have had has made a difference.

Back