What's your technique for defining your curls?

pinkchocolatedaisy

Especially you 3c/4a 3c or 4a ladies. I've read that it's all in the technique... :look: well I don't have one! :wallbash: I don't want hard cruchy hair and my curls just don't seem to POP, although I can feel them.. So what is it that you do? Use your products on dry hair? Damp hair? Sopping wet hair? Are you scrunching or not? Using gel, mousse, what? My definition is the strongest when it's wet, loaded with condish or a dc or leave in, then I see the nice deep ripples flowing into little curlies. :yep::lick: how can I maintain that once my hair dries?

While your hair is dripping wet, put on some con or leave con and evenly distribute. Section the hair off it like....little flaps and use the denman brush on each "flap". Start from the hairline to the top letting each finished & defined "flap" overlap the other.

HTH. im not good at explaining things :ohwell:

While your hair is dripping wet, put on some con or leave con and evenly distribute. Section the hair off it like....little flaps and use the denman brush on each "flap". Start from the hairline to the top letting each finished & defined "flap" overlap the other.

lol... I kinda get the gist of it. I'm bad at explaining things too. :look:

I do pretty much the same. Section hair; brush with Denman while hair is very wet (with lots of conditioner in the hair); then smooth on Cantu shea butter leave-in. Sometimes I may lean over and shake my hair some so the curls separate (without touching them too much--which = frizziness). Best curl popping routine I've discovered so far.

Last edited:
Starting with soaking wet hair... I leave in most of the conditioner from my wash. Squeezing out the excess. I use a motions moisturizer & noodle head. I don't scrunch... it seems to mess up my curls. I let it air dry and it comes out soft & bouncy from there.

I go really light on the products.

pretty much an echo at this point, but load with conditioner and airdry. i dont denman too often but i do this every day.

i gotta try that bend over and shake thing...hope i dont get lightheaded and pass out in the shower. LOL

Back