What's Your Daily Moisturizer & Sealer?

Katrice

I'm a new member looking for a daily moisturizer?

What's your daily moisturizer?
How do you use it?
When do you use it...b4 or after styling?
What do you seal it with?

my daily moisturizers are
1.qhemet root burdock butter
2.proline moisturizer
3.hairveda green tea butter
4.S-curl no drip

These items are all creamy
I use these items before i style and 99% of the time its in a bun

I seal w/ a mixture of jojoba oil almond oil apricot oil

Elasta QP Mango Butter. It's so lightweight.
I put a dime-sized amount in my hands, rub it together, then run my hands through my hair...focusing on the ends.
I use it every 2-3 days. After cowashing, I put it in my hair then seal with coconut oil or Chi Silk Infusion or whatever serum I have on hand. Then my hair is up in a bun until next wash day.

I have several moisturizers. Believe it or not, my hair tells me when I need to use one or the other on any particular day.

Here they are:
-Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream
-Qhemet Heavy Cream
-Sunrise Products Hair Souffle
-Elasta QP Mango Butter - don't use it as often, just when I need something very light.

I don't always seal, but if I do I ONLY use Nasabbs Kelechi Oil.

HoneyDew, i've been wondering about the Sunrise Souffle for the LONGEST!!! How do you like it? Is it super moisturizing? Does it smell good? Is it just as good as Qhemet's moisturizers?

Daily, I use Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker :love: I saturate my hair with it, comb it through my hair and bun. I rarely seal with anything, but if I do, I'll use a little bit of JBCO

Thanks for the replies....

I'm 7 weeks post. I've been using Design Essentials Therapeutics Rx Leave In Hydrating Conditioner every other day followed by coconut oil.

But my hair still seems dry even with weekly DC.

What am I doing wrong?

HoneyDew, i've been wondering about the Sunrise Souffle for the LONGEST!!! How do you like it? Is it super moisturizing? Does it smell good? Is it just as good as Qhemet's moisturizers?

Daily, I use Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker :love: I saturate my hair with it, comb it through my hair and bun. I rarely seal with anything, but if I do, I'll use a little bit of JBCO

I really like the Sunrise Souffle. #1, it smells WONDERFUL. She says that it is all natural, but I doubt it simply because of the frangrance. It does not smell like a natural essential oil or anything, but whatever it is, I love it.

It can be oily if you use too much, I think. It is not as softening as Qhemet's Burdock Root Butter Cream, but not as thick as the Qhemet Heavy cream. It is perfect at certain times. When I use this one, I don't seal with oil at all. It even has a tiny bit of oil that settles at the top so I shake the bottle once a week or so. A little goes a long way so it lasts a long time.

I am really happy with it.

- I rotate between AG Fast Food and Abba Pure Gentle leave in conditioner.
- I use it before styling
- Most times I don't seal. The odd time that I do, I either use Avocado oil or Kpak Protect & shine serum.

I use Elasta QP's Recovery Oil Moisturizer and I seal with coconut oil. I love this combo, it gives me moisturized light swanggy (yes it's a word, LOL) hair.

1. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream
(thick cream, leaves my hair soft, non greasy, and most importantly moisturized)
2. Coconut oil
(my favorite oil, leave my hair soft too)

coconut oil as moisturizer, sabino to seal.

when not using sabino, then it's hairveda (oops) whipped cream and coconut oil on top

Last edited:
coconut oil as moisturizer, sabino to seal.

when not using sabino, then it's shescentit whipped cream and coconut oil on top

malachi - I've been reading coconut oil isn't a moisturizer...do you add anything to it or just use it alone...I do use coconut oil but after my leave in...

What's your daily moisturizer? Ors Olive Oil Hair Lotion (bottle) or GroHealthy Olive Oil Hair Lotion
How do you use it? I section and twist it on my hair then I secure the sections with bobby pins
When do you use it...b4 or after styling? I use it after co washing on damp hair or on dry hair before I cover it to go to sleep
What do you seal it with? castor oil

I have been using wave nouveau moisturizing lotion and sealing with hollywood beauty olive oil. Honestly I dont think its working for me but I am trying to find another combo.

Moisturizer is pure shea butter and I seal with BB growth oil mixed with coconut oil. I did buy Elasta QP Mango Butter. I like it but I'm saying it for backup when I run out of the shea butter.

I moisturize with ORS Carrot oil or JCS Nourish & Shine. Seal with Coconut oil. I have short hair so I apply moisturizer liberally focusing on ends, style, then I seal.

Redken All Soft Velvet Whip. It leaves my hair really soft and manageable.
How do you use it?
Apply it to my hair every day, especially on the ends.
Before. Sometimes after aswell if there are sections I feel are still dry.
Olive oil when I feel my hair needs it.

What's your daily moisturizer?[/B]
I use two moisturizer one for Summer & Winter
Summer: Creme of Nature daily moisturizer, Winter: Cathy Howse Lotion Creme moisturizer
How do you use it?
Twice a day (Morning and evening)
Before Styling
Coconut Oil mixed with essential oils.

ORS olive oil or Mizani H2o night time . I use ORS morning and night and then I use H20 about 2-3 times a week. I seal both with coconut oil or vatika frosting

Keracare Conditioning Creme Headress, ORS Olive Oil or EQ Mango Butter, which ever i grab at the time.

How do you use it?
2-3 times a week

I use it after i rollerset and in the middle of the week, i use it before i wrap my hair at night.

I seal with coconut oil, evoo or JBCO, which ever one i grab. But for the past couple of weeks, i have been using JBCO.

GOOD LUCK!

~Elasta QP Mango Butter

How do you use it?
~ I use it every other day

~ Before

~ Either jojoba oil or coconut oil.

Welcome to LHCF

aloe vera gel or leave in conditioner

I just apply in large sections and use the denman to distribute

I don't usually seal but if I do I use an oil blend by bb

Back