What's wrong with Hot Six oil?

AlkalineSteam

I just started making a conscious effort to moisturize properly and I'm swamped with the TONS of essential oil recommendations in almost every thread. I stumbled upon a bottle of African Royal Hot Six Oil in my mani/pedi kit and read the ingredients:
Ingredients
Olive Oil; Canola Oil; Wheat Germ Oil; Sweet Almond Oil; Safflower Oil; Castor Oil; Sesame Oil; Vitamins E, A, and D; cyclomethicone; Cyclomet ; Sheep Sorrell; Yarrow; Slippery Elm Bark; Sage; Henna; Comfrey; Burdock Root; Ginseng; Goldenseal; Cherry Bark; Black Walnut; Chamomile; Alfalfa; Hyssop; Wheat Germ; Fragrance
:shrug: Looks like good stuff to me. I'm thinking of mixing a few drops with my MT and getting the same effect that everyone else does with their custom oil mixes.

Besides the risk of having greasy hair if i use anything more than a drop, does anyone know of anything wrong with Hot Six oil? I did some searches and it seems that nobody really talks about it.

I have no idea but I just wanted to say that this is my first time seeing Canola oil in a hair ingredient. I'm not sure I've seen Sesame Oil in a hair product either.

Also, there's a cone in it and so many people try to avoid cones. Maybe that's why they're not big on it.

if you are avoinding cones, yes

but there is another really good cheap oil that is cone free, it's Africa's best ultimate herbal oil
Hair_Hot-Oil_Africas-Best-Ultimate-Herbal_LRG.jpg

Soy Bean Oil , Walnut Seed Oil , Kiwi Fruit Extract , Olive Fruit Oil , Castor Seed Oil , Sesame Seed Oil , Jojoba Seed Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate , Safflower Oil , Calendula Extract , Yarrow Extract , Cucumber Extract , Carrageenan Extract , Ginseng Extract , Sage Extract , Comfrey Extract , Aloe Extract , Fragrance

It smells really good too, it reminds me of baby powder

if you are avoinding cones, yes

but there is another really good cheap oil that is cone free, it's Africa's best ultimate herbal oil
Hair_Hot-Oil_Africas-Best-Ultimate-Herbal_LRG.jpg

Soy Bean Oil , Walnut Seed Oil , Kiwi Fruit Extract , Olive Fruit Oil , Castor Seed Oil , Sesame Seed Oil , Jojoba Seed Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate , Safflower Oil , Calendula Extract , Yarrow Extract , Cucumber Extract , Carrageenan Extract , Ginseng Extract , Sage Extract , Comfrey Extract , Aloe Extract , Fragrance

It smells really good too, it reminds me of baby powder

Yeah this is the one I use, I get it from wal-mart

I had a stylist who started using hot six oil about 10 years ago. She stills uses it to this day. It has always worked for me when she used it in my hair. I have stopped using it though. Just because I like to try new products.

Thers is nothing wrong with it IMHO. It was my go to oil before I discovered coconut oil.

I just brought this for the first time and I love it. Can someone tell me what is a con and what it does to the hair? TIA.

This is one of my staple oils along with coconut oil and olive oil. The cones in it have not been a problem for me and my hair doesn't really like cones. My friend uses the one made by proclaim and her hair has mega shine, but it's a bit too greasy for me. I like Hot 6. I also mix this in my body wash.

Back