Whats the damage of a cellophane?

SingBrina

Okay so a cellophane is better than permanent dye!? Okay I get that, but is there any damage and how often can I do it? I got this answer off Yahoo Answers:

"A cellophane hair treatment is basically a semipermanent hair "color" without the color. The "color" is a clear liquid or gel mixed with a developer. The developer helps the "color" bond to your hair, and the "color" helps to plump up the hair shaft and fill in spots on each hair where it might have been damaged. The treatment makes your hair look softer, silkier, shinier and smoother without actually changing your hair color at all."

IS THAT TRUE!?

That doesn't sound right. Cellophanes just coat your hair, you don't need a developer.

From my understanding developers lighten the hair by oxidizing the color and that makes it stick to your hair permanently. They are damaging and not present in temporary rinses/cellophane. Yahoo answers is not the most credible source for anything lol

IA with the above that cellophanes just coat your hair hence why they are good for those with porosity issues. Developers in contrast just lift the culticle. I am actually myself thinking of changing up my henna treatments for cellophanes instead for this very reason.

IA with the above that cellophanes just coat your hair hence why they are good for those with porosity issues. Developers in contrast just lift the culticle. I am actually myself thinking of changing up my henna treatments for cellophanes instead for this very reason.

Really, so how often can I do a cellophane?

Really!? Well that is cool, I want to get one regularly, jet black. I know Sebastian has a huge bottle for $30.00, and alot say Redken is good, but that is semi/demi perm, I guess that is the same as a cellophane?

Back