What's the best "Protector" during a relaxer?

ccd

What\'s the best \"Protector\" during a relaxer?

I've recently been asking my stylist to protect the already relaxed hair during a relaxer....but I want to bring my own so I know what's in it BUT I'm not sure what to get. I know Affirm (Avlon) makes one , I think it's called PROTECTO but do you know of any others? TIA

Re: What\'s the best \"Protector\" during a relaxer?

To protect my previously relax hair I just mix some regular old hair grease and mix it with some creamy leave-in conditioner like Nexxus Headdress and put it all over my ends and most of my previously relaxed hair about 20 minutes before I get a relaxer.

I notice that my hair is a lot less dry feeling after a relaxer with this method.

Thank you! that sounds good, do you relax yourself

The last time I got a relaxer I used Profectiv Breakfree on my already relaxed hair.

If you look at the label it says to use it 3 days before and 3 days after a relaxer to stop chemical damage, from roots to tips. It also says apply immediately before a relaxer, but avoid applying to new growth.

I have a sample of the Breakfree so I will try this.

Up until now, Ive used plain 'ole vaseline on my previously relaxed hair and any areas that I dont want processed (temples and hairline that's slowly growing in).

ccd,

Is the Protecto sold a a separate product? Or does it only come packaged with the Affirm relaxer?

Protecto is sold as a seperate [roduct you just have to keep an eye out for it or you will miss it. Deep Brilliance Manage Leave-In is also suggested for use as a protector and finally I found one by Dudley's yesterday called Sensitive Scalp Pre-Protect Treatment Step 1.

I do what Jenjen does, except that I do it with adeep conditioner and not a leave-in.

Thanks everyone... Frankie..is that the "ENDS" product or something else
Yes Luna it is a seperate product..........Thanks Cutebaj.

I put a conditioner like LeKair's Cholesterol on my previous relaxed hair.

Back