What's the best hair moisturizer?

H4irHappy

I had to get a major trim at the salon this weekend. I have yet to find a good moisturizer to keep my ends from drying out.What do you ladies use?

I just recently started using this and I am head over heels in love. My nape needs moisture at least twice a day, a little bit gently applied to my hair keeps it soft and shiny.

texasbeautysupplycom_2086_4041144.gif

ETA: It doesn't have petrolatum or mineral oil.

I use UBH Creme Moisturizer, UBH Dew Moisturizer, and Elasta QP Mango Butter. Also, HE LTR. I don't plan on repurchasing UBH, and I'm thinking of giving Neutrogena Triple Moisture a try.

I think that if we start off with a really great moisturizing deep condish that will combat the dryness. I started using Keracare humecto(thicker formula) and afterward using Lacio Lacio leave in and sealing with olive or wheat germ oil. My hair has been retaining moisture much better. the ceramides might be the reason also

I just recently started using this and I am head over heels in love. My nape needs moisture at least twice a day, a little bit gently applied to my hair keeps it soft and shiny.

I saw this at the beauty supply, I didn't think to try it though.

I agree. I also like NTM.

My favs are QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream and African Royale Miracle Oil Moisturizer. Both keep my hair well moisturized. I seal with coconut oil or Hot Six Oil:)

i keep it natchal nowadays -- aloe vera gel and coconut oil make my hair moisturized, soft and shiny. miss jessie's baby buttercreme is good, but pricey. i wish i could say my hair likes pure shea butter, but it doesn't...ironically, it's in baby buttercreme AND cantu shea butter leave-in, which also works like a dream for my hair.

For my hair: Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Cream + KBB Hair Oil

For my ends: Hydratherma Naturals Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion + coconut oil

i mix glycerin with a hydrating conditioner and make it a leave in and it is very very moisturizing.

Kenra Hair moisturizer condition
Hello Hydration MC

I am loving the HE LTR, and the Hydratherma Daily Moisturizer. For best results, I start with the LTR, seal with oil and then follow that with HDM. Allows me to skip a day a 2.

Is there a major difference between the QP Mango Butter and the QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter or is it the same product?

21OAEzbev1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What has worked best for me thus far is :Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream

I agree. I recently began using this product and already see a distinct difference in my hair; a good second runner up is Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer.

Night time moisturizer: Luster's SCurl No Drip Activator Moisturizer, virgin coconut oil or olive oil to seal ends.

Daily moisturizer: ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion with a little coconut oil for my ends.

Keeps my hair soft and moisturized all day.

Rt now I am using Elucence, Afroveda Green tea butter and SheScentIt Coco Cream Leave in interchangeably, the verdict is still out on all 3 but I've been using the Afroveda for about a year now...yes I'm indecisve and a PJ...pray for me;-)

NTM for light duty during warm months and/or if I'm wearing my hair out. Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 for heavy duty, which I'm using exclusively during the cold months as part of my bunning regimen/challenge. It's thick consistency actually gives modest hold to my new growth so that I can avoid gels.

Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer makes my hair like straw after a few hours; I have a near-full bottle that's been sitting for months. I used to use BB Oil Moisturizer a few months back, esp. for the moisturize/seal ends part of my reggie, but it's too heavy for my liking now.

ORS CARROT OIL!!!

I have natural hair and this is really great. The one thing I have figured out about my hair is that it likes cream water based moisturizer, Qhemet Heavy Cream was too heavy and Giovanni Direct was too like and the creamy consistency of ORS Carrot Oil is great! It is mineral oil and petroleum free and is thick and moisturizes great and can be found at any beauty store.

Hands Down... up... and sideways.... Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream.

People complain that it's too heavy but in the Vendor Forum, Qhem has her own thread and she reminds users to rub it well in your hands (like you're thinning it out) then apply. The Burdock Root Butter Cream is great too but it's first ingredient is Distilled Water and I prefer the Amla which has Castor Oil as the first.

Back