Whats the 411 with tea?

Babygrowth

So I've been seeing alot about tea and hair so I want to know what does it do? What products with tea are the beezneez? If you use it tell me your story including how to use and how often as well as what you use.

Apparently black tea rinses help to allay shedding from the root.
I have done a few myself. Can't say I've particularly noticed less shedding, but they do feel nice haha.
I'm sure many of the other ladies can chime in with more experience/information.

Babygrowth Get in this thread and get to reading......

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=592629 - This thread contains a wealth of knowledge including products and methods.

I'm not a member of the challenge, but I've been tea-rinsing for a couple of years now and it has stemmed the excessive shedding I would experience from July - Sept. I tea rinse all year 'round. Before I deep condition, I pour a tea mixture over my scalp and hair, massage for a couple of minutes and then apply my DC and sit under the steamer for a 1/2 hour. I DC once or twice a week and tea rinse every time without fail.

I also add garlic oil or powder to my DC once a month. It helps with excessive shedding, too.

To get you started, Lipton black tea is good.

I was a heavy shedder. I mean when I washed my hair, my hands were covered in hair. COVERED. I discovered two things:

1. Tea rinsing
2. My hair can't stand shampoo of any kind, sulfate free or not

I discovered the teas first here on LHCF while I was still shampooing. I used it as a leave-in. Hair slowed shedding right away. After I realized about shampoo my shedding has pretty much stopped. So has excessive breakage.

Some herbs also stimulate growth, so it's not just for breakage and shedding.

Herbal teas work just as well for some. Black teas for others. Just gotta find the right combination for you.

I've been tea rinsing and misting since March and my hair is noticeably thicker

Back