What's in your Relaxer Stretching beauty bag?

RabiaElaine

Ladies,

Please list the best conditioners to stretch the relaxer. I'm about to be 7 weeks post on sunday, I usually relax at 6 weeks, so I'm entering the time when I need to be extra careful with my fragile new growth. I'm looking for some great conditioners and leave ins and any products that you use to get through the stretch.

Thanks in advance for your responses:) .

--Rabia

Homemade spray moisturiser with (glycerin, water, vo5 conditioner) sometimes i add sta-sof-fro or s-curl to the mix.

Daily Co washes with Alberto vo5, keeps newgrowth soft.

Deep conditioners:
Motions oil silk protein
Lekair cholesterol
Dark and lovely dry hair healer
Keracare humecto creme

Shampoos
CON or Elasta QP

1. set aside more TIME to wash your hair in order to DETANGLE without rushing
2. leave the new growth alone, NEVER comb or brush in between washes
3. wash less often in order to minimize manipulation. THIS IS JUST ME because I know others do more frequent conditioner washes. I tried CW every 2 to 3 days and it just didnt't work for me because I wear my hair out/down 95% of the time and rollerset right up to touchup time AND I do not use heat so my drying time is much longer (3 hours under a cool dryer), thus I need to block off a minimum of 5 hours to wash my hair from weeks 9 to 12 when new growth is fierce and I need extra time to detangle. I think the CW 2 to 3 times a week works well for those who do braid outs, twist outs, buns, etc., but for someone like me who likes rollersets right up to touchups, once a week is about all the time I have . . .

I use the same homemade conditioner den1 it is the best !! :)
Suave detangling conditioner in tender apple for kids, I just discovered it and it is the best, I am 11 weeks post relaxer and it has saved from so much breakage..

After about 7 weeks, I stop shampooing and just do conditioner washes. I use Mane 'N Tail and Queen Helene's Cholesterol. Those give me great slip. Also, using S-Curl only on my new growth has been a life saver. I sometimes use Profectiv Healthy Ends on my whole head, and it keeps my hair soft, moisturized and shiny. Keeping my hair moisturized is the key!

Tami said:
I use the same homemade conditioner den1 it is the best !! :)
Suave detangling conditioner in tender apple for kids, I just discovered it and it is the best, I am 11 weeks post relaxer and it has saved from so much breakage..

ITA on the homemade conditioner

Conditioners don't help me stretch but these products do:

Surge ultra max
UltraSheen's finishing lotion
UltraSheen's megahertz serum
DooGroo Stimulating hair oil

These products help me get through the stretch.

Conditioners:
Suave & VO5

Deep Conditioners:
LeKair & Queen Helene Cholesterol

S-Curl
Wonder 8 Oil

I'm 11 weeks post...

-Vatika Oil
-Nexxus Humectress
-Suave Hot Oil Treatments
-Nexxus Headress w/EVOO added
-EVOO

Daily Denfense Tender Apple Conditioner
Elucence,Kendra conditioner
Sta So Fro
Profecitv Roothealth
Nubian Silk Stimulating Growth Oil
Castor Oil

Adding coconut milk to my conditioner
Coconut and carrot oil
Aalma oil
Homemade leave-in condiotioner (Infusium, glycerin, water and rosewater)

Codntioner washing helps out tremendously. I also faithfully do the baggie method on my ends (vasaline inside) and I use s-curl moisturizing spray mixed with oil or grease on my new grwth to kep it soft. This works for me. :)I also shampoo with Creme of Nature poo/con combo (red or blue one) once a week.

~Extension Braids
~Wonder 8 Oil
~Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3 (for Clarifying)
~Paul Mitchell Stong Hair Conditioner
~Redken Extreme Shampoo
~Redken Extreme Deep Fuel Treatment
~PhytoSpecifc Deep Conditioner

And goin' strong! :grin:

Coconut milk to conditioner
Adding extra oils, esp. castor or coconut or olive oil, to conditioner
UBH Moisturizer and oil, oil, oil Coconut oil and jojoba oil, olive, if it's natural, I love it!!
Weekly protein treatments (Cathy Howse conditioner recipe or Emergencee)
Washing 2x a week for hair to remain hydrated and not break as easily.
Also, I have stopped stratching too much. 8 weeks, 9 weeks is my max. Anything more results to too much breakage in my type 4 hair.
I think that I gave you half my regime, LOL!

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your replies I hope to get even more!!

So now I'm at 7 weeks and 2 days post relaxer, I got a wash/set/flat iron roots on Friday. I wore my hair in a wrapped style from Friday to yesterday. Today I have my hair in a messy updo with a cute gold banana clip from H&M holding it.

Anyway I've been using Scurl and wildgrowth on my edges and this has worked great in softening the new growth. I've also been using wild growth throughout my entire head. I know I'm going to make it to week 8 just fine. I hope to make it to 10 weeks!

BBD Stretch Creme
Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm
Nexxus Humectress and Botanic Oil
S-Curl activator

That is it that I can think of. Good luck.

To stretch I have been using Nexxus Humectress and a couple drops of Wild Growth Oil mixed together.

The conditioner has some molding/smoothing properties, I think; and the WGO adds shine and moisture.

I'm sure I'll find more stretching products as the months go by since I've just started.

Back