What's a preshampoo?

Daughter

UK Blak
What\'s a preshampoo?

What exactly does a preshampoo treatment involve? What products/oils would be used and how before a shampoo? I guess a hot oil treatment would count as one?
confused.gif

I'm surprised I have much hair at all, the stuff I've learned from this site!
grin.gif

Re: What\'s a preshampoo?

A hot oil treatment would be considered a pre-shampoo treatment. I do a pre-shampoo before every wash. I basically saturate my dry hair with olive oil, concentrating on the ends. I let it soak in for an hour before I begin my normal wash regimen.

Some people sleep with the oil in overnight or sit under dryer before they wash it out. Others dampen the hair a bit before applying the oil.

Some of the oils I have used for preshampoo treatments include olive oil, jojoba oil, and a mix of jojoba/castor/rosemary oils.

Thanks for your help! I've got some Ginseng Miracle Wonder 8 oil left, I'll use some of that before getting some olive oil
smile.gif

Bye bye to my dry scalp/dry ends!!! (I hope)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Daughter said:

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, just re-read my post - didn't mean that to sound as though the advice here is poor - FAR from it! I just meant that I knew quite little about caring for my hair and scalp before coming here
smile.gif

That's ok. I usually find that my hair just sucks up the oil blends like Wonder 8, Hot 6, Ginseng, etc. Natural oils tend to work better for my hair and are less expensive. That's just my opinion. If you've had success with commercial oil blends, just stick with it.
cool.gif

Aveda has a pre-shampoo treatment that I'm thinking about buying and someone else on the site gave it a good review.
It's called Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate
Key Ingredients.
Iceland moss, Sap, Certified organic honey, Hydrolyzed wheat protein, Apricot amino acids, Plant based emollients

Benefits.

Nourish dry hair—with our moisture-rich, deep-conditioning, pre-shampoo healing treatment. Our formula—with Iceland moss, sap and certified organic honey—helps repair dry, damaged hair, restoring smoothness and shine.
Replenishes moisture
Helps repair dry, damaged hair
Restores natural shine

USAGE
Apply Sap Moss™ Nourishing Concentrate to damp hair.
Wait 1-2 minutes.
Rinse.
Follow with Sap Moss™ Shampoo and Conditioning Detangler.
Use every 5 shampoos or as needed.
Ritual.

Apply Sap Moss™ Nourishing Concentrate to damp hair.
Using a wide tooth comb, distribute from scalp to ends.
Massage scalp in circular motions, starting at hairline, moving upwards toward the crown around the entire head.
Rinse.
Follow with Sap Moss™ Shampoo and Sap Moss™ Conditioning Detangler.

MSRP: $18

Daughter said:
Daughter said:

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, just re-read my post - didn't mean that to sound as though the advice here is poor - FAR from it! I just meant that I knew quite little about caring for my hair and scalp before coming here
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that was funny! yes, that comment could have been interpreted in two ways!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for the tips, I'll look out for the Aveda sap moss when I go back to buy up more of their Brilliant pomade
smile.gif

I did a hot oil treatment last night and my goodness, what a difference! I'm going to use that as part of my regular pampering
smile.gif

Daughter I use to be on the oil treatments but now I wet my hair and put conditioner on it for 1 hour under a cap. Then wash and condition and my hair is soooo soft!!!!!

Back