What would you choose? SSKs vs Splits

ChocolatePie777

So as the title suggests....if God gave you the choice of dealing with one thing for the rest of your life which would you choose.....which is the lesser of two evils in your opinion.......SSKs or Splits?

Sorry if there is already a thread on this...I did a lazy search and didn't find anything :)

I'll go with SSK's...they are a pain, but they can be cut off without taking their neighbors with them.

SSKs, because for me that means they're relegated to the last 1-3 inches of my hair. Splits? Golly! They can go way up near the roots if you let them... Plus, I can FEEL my knots. Splits are a sight only kind of thing. I only notice them when I'm doing some kind of time-consuming style or I go hunting for them... :-)

Last edited:
SSK. I can definitely see these and they come off the ends easily. Splits I have a hard time detecting now that I'm natural. And yes they do travel up the hair strand. Also, I don't get SSK when I keep my hair stretched or straightened. Splits can come from anything... during the braids/twist take-down, heat, etc...

NEITHER!! ugggggghhhh they both are the bane of my existence... But if I had to choose...... Neither!!

I hate SSKs so much... So much... I hate them... I don't know why they're called "fairy knots" I thought fairies were nice...? These should be called satan knots... Satan Strand Knots... I feel like they were created by Lucifer himself... Devil, really? Aren't you doing enough to ruin peoples' lives? Knots on single strands of hair? Really?

NEITHER!! ugggggghhhh they both are the bane of my existence... But if I had to choose...... Neither!!

I hate SSKs so much... So much... I hate them... I don't know why they're called "fairy knots" I thought fairies were nice...? These should be called satan knots... Satan Strand Knots... I feel like they were created by Lucifer himself... Devil, really? Aren't you doing enough to ruin peoples' lives? Knots on single strands of hair? Really?

:lol: :lol: .....

In reality, I'm pretty sure that I'll have to deal with SSK for the rest of my life anyway, go I guess I choose those.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I agree with all of the above. If I had to choose, it would be SSK's--they can easily be cut off without too much damage to the surrounding hairs.

I would chose splits. The cause of splits (damage) is easier to live with in my mind than the cause of a stupid knot. You have to cut off perfectly healthy hair because it decided to roll up on its self? For what? That's damn malicious and evil. It's like, I don't mind you taking out a deceased tooth (split end) but knots have no reason no reason at all to exist they're pure evil

Splits. When you flat iron it looks fine but ssks jack up everything lol plus split ends can be cut off easy. Ssks can be at any part of the hair.

Back