What works better? Steam Rollers or regular rollers under the dryer?

What works better?

• Steam Rollers

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Regular rollers under a dryer

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

kbragg

Ok, I know I've gone a Loooong way to go before I can do this:

beyonce2.JPG

But I can give it my best shot for now!:grin: So what works better? Steam rollers or a roller set under a dryer? Also for steam rollers, do you do it on wet or dry hair? Thanks in advance!

Ive tried both and Id definitely have to say rollers under the dryer because I want my curls to last, which doesnt happen when I use steam rollers. I dunno...maybe I was doing something wrong.

I feel you can accomplish the same results that you can with steam rollers that you can with a traditional hooded dryer. If you airdry your hair and then use the steam rollers, it is healthier for your hair.

You use steam rollers on dry hair. Its the same concept as electric rollers except, it is not damaging steam that sets the hair.

I love them.

Hey everyone,

Here's my .02 on this topic.

I have found that steam roller setting dry hair, after blowing it dry, produces very similiar results obtained by roller setting wet hair. Therefore, I when I wash my hair at home I use steam rollers, but I always have my hair roller set at the salon.

Peace,

I prefer roller-setting over night with some flexi rods. If you want a tighter curl, you would use more rods and for looser curls I usually use 3 rods.
The steam rollers are great for convenience, like if you decide to change hair styles within a day.

I guess I haven't figured the steam rollers out yet, because I always get better results the regular way. The style just lasts longer for me.

Back