What went wrong?

TrendySocialite

I co-washed and washed last night. I hadn't wash in weeks, so I added a shampoo in so that I can get all the product out.

I DCd using the home steam method and rinsed with cold water. then i put lacio lacio on as my leave-in

Then I rollerset with Nairobi foam wrap, Elasta Silk (thermal heat protectant) and my regular water, lacio and saa setting mixture.

i sat under they dryer for 30 min last night and 30 min this AM.

When i took out the rollers out it was dull and lifeless. i put a little oil in it and it perked up some, but not like normal. next time i rollerset it will be without the elasta to see if that's it.

my stylist uses the nairobi so it shouldn't be that.

Any guesses or ideas on what went wrong?

The only thing I can think of is the washing. Since you hadn't washed for weeks, using shampoo mixed with conditioner probably didn't get all of the build up out of your hair

Elasta Feels Like Silk--is that what you used? When I used this product, despite the name it seemed to work like a gel. It dried quite hard on my hair.

I clarified May 21, before my relaxer, so I think it's a bit too soon. I'm sure the foam wrap has some alcohol in it. But as I said my stylist uses it and my sets always come out bouncy and shiny.

It could be two things:

Maybe you need clarifying.

Does the foam wrap have alcohol in it?

Back