what was your worst hair product??

4bforreal!!!

The worst prroduct i ever used on my hair was the Keratin treatment, i dont know what was in it but my natural hair took it like it was permed. The product really scared me by my hair looked so straight but i just kept doing it and after awhile my hair started to have breakage.... i ended up cutting my hair because of the damage that was done to it. Feel free to post your worst hair product, hey you might just save somebody's hair.

~God bless

Ors hair polisher. When i used it to make my hair shiny, it made my hair feel odd and made my ends proper crispy. I tried to use it as a heat protectant and it did the same. I gave away an almost full bottle at the last London meet up.

Last edited:
LeKair (sp?) Cholesterol Treatment. I used this many years ago (I was relaxed) and handfuls of my hair came out with it. My hair was noticeably thinner when I finished rinsing it out. I will never use that or anything else with the word cholesterol on it. I'm scarred for life.

1. Jason's Sea Kelp Conditioner
2. Shea Butter
3. glycerin (at the top of the ingredients list)
4. oils (except for castor oil and camellia oil)

The worst product I used was Doo Gro stimulating growth oil....it gave no growth and left my hair a hot greasy mess :nono: plus it contained mineral oil. It didn't give me a setback but I could have bought something better like natural oils :yep:

luster's pink lotion. it was just bad. and thats before the new scent came out. it smelled but i thought it was the best thing ever.

ORS Replenishing Pack :nono:. Can I just say it left my hair a knotted, tangled mess. It was the main cause I had to get a major cut last year. I will NEVER try it again...EVER!

And LHCF's beloved coconut oil...my hair was like straw after using :nono: #FAIL

Olive and coconut oils, Herbal essences hydralicious conditioner. Horrible buildup and no moisture! I'm thinking I'll just start using the coconut oil on my skin.

Last edited:
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque,That **** messed up my almost 6 month stretch did not moisture my hair worth squat. My hair, since the masque did not moisturize became dry and all that newgrowth in 1 area became a tangled matted mess, which I screwed up by damp bunning. Since I had to cut a lot of the matted hair out, my hair ends were very thin, which I just had to cut my waist length hair back to below brastrap to even my ends up since the thinness was was to noticeable. Talk about pissed, I'll get back there thou.

Aussie Moist, hair felt like a supermarket bag 10 minutes after getting out of the shower. It was like it was completely dry.

An off-brand detangler I got from Wal-Mart: when I woke up the next morning, looking like I fell head-first into a vat of baby powder. This is when I realized my hair was cone-sensitive.

Ms. Jessie's anything: too much build-up. I had to re-wash my hair the same day I used it.

Eco-Styler gel: my hair sounded and felt like a bag of potato chips after a couple of hours.

Lustrasilk Herabal Liquid Cholesterol: Wrong, wrong, wrong. I think the chemist that made that up was late for his/her lunch break and just turned in what they had incomplete.

LeKair (sp?) Cholesterol Treatment. I used this many years ago (I was relaxed) and handfuls of my hair came out with it. My hair was noticeably thinner when I finished rinsing it out. I will never use that or anything else with the word cholesterol on it. I'm scarred for life.
Same thing happened to me! Some people rave about this product but it was terrible on my hair!

Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Shampoo with Sea Moss

My hair felt like it was going through a metamorphosis of textures when I was using this stuff. It left my hair so rough, dry, and tangled.

Cantu Shea Butter deep conditioner. It smelled amazing but the build-up was out of control! :nono: I'm not accustomed to build-up since I try to use very little product in my hair. After 2-3 uses I started noticing a lot of white flakes in my head. I thought it was dandruff until I read Nonie on here saying it gave her the same effect.

Last edited:
Wow im loving the feedback. Some of these products i've never tried and some i have tried which in the end made me look homeless... Everybody would step to me and say " just get a perm ". And what is an ors?

Oh and anything that has cholestrol in it is a killer, you might as well be bald, cause you losing that hair one way or another

Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave In left my hair hard and crunchy.
Wheat germ oil works well as a ceramide but it smells horrible.

@Jordan S. That siggy picture is soo wrong, poor SJP

@4bforreal!!! ORS stands for Organic Root Stimulator

Burt's Bees shampoo...horrible dryness! Oh, and "ORS" = Organic Root Stimulator. I've seen it at Sally's and in the "ethnic" hair sections at grocery stores and pharmacies.

Now that I'm transitioning the Wave Nouveau is the worst stuff I have ever used. I started to shed and lose more hair while detangling.

Back