What to use right after relaxer

LoVeMYLIfe

O.k. so I got some advise from my cousin(who is a stylist) about all this shedding that I have been having. She thinks it would be best to get a touch up because I have so much new growth and she believes that my hair is breaking at the demarcation line, even though it has only been 8 weeks since my last relaxer :confused:

So ladies what are you all doing right after your relaxer? Can I do a protein treatment, and then moisturize, or do I wait awhile to do any protein treatments?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, i just know that there are some things that you don't do so soon after relaxing and want to make sure that I do this right, and I know that ya'll can help me out;)

TIA!!

my hair sheds a lot too come relaxer time (usually 8 weeks and up). i always do a protein treatment right after the neutralizing shampoo, followed by a moisturizing conditioner.

Oh yeah, also for those using MTG when should this be applied? Can it be done the same day or is it best to wait a few days?

i've never used mtg so i'm not sure. some of the ladies apply it way after the relaxing process ends. i.e. later on during the day

I just texturized on Saturday and I am going to use Organic Roots Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak. It really helps to moisturize and keep hair soft.

I do a protein treatment (Aphogee) one week after my relaxer..........

I start using MTG right away after a relaxer. Ive never really waited any set number of days...........

O.K thanks ladies, since coming here I have not done any relaxers and wanted to make sure that I keep my hair in it's healthy state.

KiniKakes, how is the Aphogee working for you, and do you use any of their other products?

DeDewantslongerhair said:
O.K thanks ladies, since coming here I have not done any relaxers and wanted to make sure that I keep my hair in it's healthy state.

KiniKakes, how is the Aphogee working for you, and do you use any of their other products?

I like the Aphogee a lot. My hair definitely feels stronger and more durable afterward. I mean, i dont know if this is all in my mind (lol) but i do feel like its thicker and somehow healthier after using it. I only wish it could be used more frequently, but that would be overkill. The only other Aphogee product i use is the Moisturizing Conditioner right afterward. I keep that in for about 5 minutes, then follow up with my own moisturizing conditioner concoction.

Back