What to do if your products dont work....

Candy_C

Well you can always throw them out...but why not donate OR use them for another part of your body!!

- Coconut Oil - After having acrylic nails for 2 months, i removed them and my nails were in a complete STATE of ruin! i clipped off my real nails which were paper-like..three days later after lots of nail cream and nail hardener...no luck...I immediately dug around and found my OFF & cloudy coconut oil that never really did much for my hair. i removed the nail hardener and rubbed in the coconut all over and covered with some gloves...LADIES LADIES LADIES overnight, my nails had grown a tad overnight, i could not believe my eyes. the nail bed was about 90% reformed and smooth again. I've been using this everynight for 3 nights and my nails r growing like mad, my vits never work for my nails so i know its the coconut oil. I rub it in and then paint nail hardener over the top and leave the excess.SOFT hands too

- Cholesterol Conditoner - Mix this with regular table salt for a stretch mark remover or exfoliator of the feet or darkened knees or elbows...EXCELLENT

- Serum - use as an after exfoliation oil on the knees and elbows

- Essential Oils - use in your bathroom basin in hot water and steam your face, esp good if you have a cold/flu or a case of acne

- Castor Oil - Excellent for a sugar scrub on chapped lips (lightly), dry feet (leave on for 10 mins) or just the hair LINE.

- Shampoo - Body wash!

if theres any others you ladies may have, add em on!

I tend to just mix conditioner and braid sprays. If it is a product that I really hate, I just donate it to a women's shelter.

Candy_C said:
- Shampoo - Body wash!

I totally agree with you on this one! I accidently bought the V05 Strawberry scented shampoo and I didn't want to use it on my hair. I tried it as a body wash and it made my skin so smooth and moisturized, plus it left me smelling like strawberries all day.

I never thought of using conditioner and something grainy, like salt, as an exfoliator. I'm going to try this.

Thanks for the tips.

I shave my legs with left over conditioner, there was a post on this looooooooong time ago...I think Hairlove did it...

Shampoo that doesn't work, I use it as cleaner, bubble bath, soft soap, and to wash my delicates. With the chemicals in it it can be use for washing dishes and washing a car.

Conditioners that are expensive are normally mixed with other conditioner that workor given away.

EO that I don't like are mixed with conditioners or use on the body.

Setting lotions that doesn't work are given away.

I use my shampoos as body wash as well!

My leave-in conditioners and moisturizers I use to shave, or as skin lotion. I thought I was the only person that did this :lol:

Well I usually get mad and throw them at my wall!

SIke!

I have never thought of those ways to get rid of stuff, I usually never have that much stuff to wanna go that route with it.

Long time ago I used a bottle of suave clarifying shampoo to do laundry. My clothes were as clean as if I had used Tide with bleach. That ammonium lauryl sulfate is no joke :lol:

I've showered with Jason Sea Kelp shampoo before just as an experiment and it worked wonderfully. I've also shaved with conditioner and used serum on my elbows and knees for extra smoothness. You can do all kinds of stuff with your old products :yep:

Oh and try sugar as an alternative to salt for your exfoliating concoction :)

Give them away.

But I hate giving away expensive conditioners. Eventually I end up giving it away anyway :perplexed

Back