What the heck is Porosity control doing?

Jessofpal

Last night I washed. I pre-pooed with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration mixed with EVOO (my normal pre poo). In the shower I pooed with CON green label and then followed with Porosity Control. Normally when I use Porosity Control the difference is immediate. The only way I can describe it is that its almost like my hair becomes straighter and my slippery. The time it felt a bit weird and I pulled my hands away from my head to notice that I have numerous (about 20-30) long strands of hair coming off.

This stopped after a few moments but I'm wondering why it happened in the first place. Any ideas or similar stories?

Last night I washed. I pre-pooed with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration mixed with EVOO (my normal pre poo). In the shower I pooed with CON green label and then followed with Porosity Control. Normally when I use Porosity Control the difference is immediate. The only way I can describe it is that its almost like my hair becomes straighter and my slippery. The time it felt a bit weird and I pulled my hands away from my head to notice that I have numerous (about 20-30) long strands of hair coming off.

This stopped after a few moments but I'm wondering why it happened in the first place. Any ideas or similar stories?

I use porosity control on and off. I think you might just need to take a break. I usually use it after every wash before Deep conditioning for 2-3 weeks, then I take a 2 week break and then go back for 2-3 weeks.

OMG, I wonder if this is why my hair has been shedding so bad lately. I have adding Porosity control to my DC. I'm going to do a protein treatment.

I agree with GymFreak. I tend to use porosity control only before I get a relaxer and when I notice that my hair is not responding to other conditioners and/or heat properly (taking too long to dry). Try using a different product and check the results.

I would just try using it every other wash or every two weeks. I usually use it every other week when I shampoo.

I usually use it after a relaxer retouch, just before DCing and after my henna or any protein treatments, before DCing. The intent is to restore the pH back to the the normal 4.5 so my hair can retain moisture. If the hair is already a normal 4.5 and one used Porosity Control, I'm not sure how useful it would be.

Back