What the heck is a bun??

ellebelle88

Can someone please show me a picture of what "bunning" looks like? I have been visiting fotkis and reading the forums and everyone talks of wearing their hairs in buns for protective styles. What exactly is a bun and how does it look like because what I'm thinking of I think is called a Frech Roll...:grin:

3226538943_5854663ef1_m.jpg
I think this is a bun (a very low one though).

Thanks guys! Curlynikki, your bun is off the hook! Makes me wanna go natural. I love it x10! But do you think your tutorial would work on relaxed hair that is like 8 weeks post?

Here's a pic of my bun:

P1170509.JPG

I also made a tutorial:
http://www.curlynikki.com/2008/12/curlynikki-bun-pictorial-is-here.html

I bunned for several months, and finally left APL behind! It's a great low maintenance style that protects your ends- just be sure not to pull your hair too tight!

hth!
nik

Thanks ljbee! My little sis is natural but wears her hair straight 24/7, 365. So much so, that her hair is pretty much permanently straightened. I did this bun on her when she came to visit me last week and it looked very chic! She has naturally thick hair though, so I didn't have to tease at all. I think it would definitely work on straight hair, as long as the hair is thick, curled (or texutred in someway- braidout, or twistout) or slightly teased.

Back