What should I use to define my Bantu Knots

DaughterOfZion1

Hey Ladies!

I blow dried my hair the other day and i rocked a bantu knot out today and yesterday. Gave me a wonderful curly fro...but it didnt stay. I used shea butter, castor oil, and aloe (made some shealoe). It was nice, but it didnt keep my hair defined..and by the end of the day, it was puffy.

Can you guys recommend a nice mousse, light gel, anything that I can put on it that will keep it defined when I take it out?

It would be nice if it gave my hair sheen as well. This isnt necessary though because I can always slap some castor oil on there.

Thanks in advance!

I think castor Oil has humectant properties. It will draw water from the air to your hair and so the style could revert because of that. Maybe you can use a different oil with the shea and aloe?

As for a light gel, Kinky Curly Custard comes to mind. Eco Styler has way more hold but is not as light. Hopefully others chime in. There's also ORS Lock & Twist Gel. That's light.

I think all of the products you used are too heavy in weight and humectant capabilities to hold the style. I'd pick a lighter oil and maybe a water based spray leave in and use them both lightly. At the end of the day when you're ready to knot up for the evening, you can very lightly moisturize and seal and zzzzzzz.

I don't use any type of gel or hold. I use Ultra black hair's lotion creme moisturizer and seal my ends and that's it.

could it be that your knots are too big? my knots are defined from that

Back