What should I do??

Whimsy

Vacation wrecked my hair!!(i had planned on getting it braided for my trip but was not able to)
I was in the beach/pool for 5 days straight, i washed/conditioned every day, combed it out and brushed it into a bun for the evenings.

On my last day I had to straighten it for an event and now it's dry/crispy/the ends look frazzled/and it feels hard/rough and it's just a hot mess.

What do u think I should do to get it right again?

Should I deep condition? protein treatment? get a trim?

this has happened to me a time or two before and i did a deep condition w/o heat for an hour or more...
using ORS Replenishing Pak
or
Neutrogena triple moisture

without heat? hmmm ok

i was thinking: prepoo w/ coconut oil for an hour, wash, dc w/ heat, and then braidouts/buns for a while.

I guess i'll DC w/o heat and keep it on for a long while.

Vacation wrecked my hair!!(i had planned on getting it braided for my trip but was not able to)
I was in the beach/pool for 5 days straight, i washed/conditioned every day, combed it out and brushed it into a bun for the evenings.

On my last day I had to straighten it for an event and now it's dry/crispy/the ends look frazzled/and it feels hard/rough and it's just a hot mess.

What do u think I should do to get it right again?

Should I deep condition? protein treatment? get a trim?

Hey girl!

I went on vacation two weeks ago and basically did the same thing. Only, I blowdried my hair 2x in one week. Bad, I know.

As soon as I got home I got to work. I followed the tips in this thread to a T:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=17553

Basically, I did steps 1-3:
1. Deep conditioned with heavy protein (I use Dudley's DRC)
2. Deep conditioned with Paul Mitchell's super charged moisturizer
3. Deep conditioned with Porosity control

My hair was in tip top shape after that, so it's worth a try. Even if you don't get the same products, I think it's good to go with a hard protein, a moisturizer, and then porosity control. I don't think my hair was DAMAGED persay, but the Miami sun + my blowdryer definitely weren't good for my hair.

Hope that helps!

yeah i'm not sure it's truly damaged but it feels awful and looks bad.
that's enough for me.

thanks for the link. I'll get a protein and insert it in my hair healing plan :)

Back