What should I do about my dry edges?

sunshyne_krissy

They are forever dry! Ok I am using my MTG at night and wraping with a silk scarf when in braids. I'm growing my edges out nicely but they still feel dry? I know its not the MTG cuz my edges have been dry ever since I can remember, even before MTG. Maybe its scab hair, afterall ..i am transitioning. I don't understand though. I use NTM silk touch on it and it makes it soft but it still doesnt feel moisturized. maybe I need to deep condtition while in braids or when out of braids I need to apply something thick w/moisture. I placed an order for some Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream so maybe that will work? Maybe I could try pre-pooing when out of braids?
When I put a moisturizer on my edges they get soft and silky but soon they dry up. Could it just be the fact that its 4a texture? my crown is 3c and so there is a big difference between my edges and the rest of my hair. I was looking at some of these other threads on dry hair but non of them seem to touch on my issue. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

You could use a little bit of elasta qp mango butter and then tie it down with a silk scarf; that works for me if I want to lay my edges down. I don't use MTG, but I find coconut oil having the same moisturizing effect especially after washing my hair and applying a leave in.

didirose said:
You could use a little bit of elasta qp mango butter and then tie it down with a silk scarf; that works for me if I want to lay my edges down. I don't use MTG, but I find coconut oil having the same moisturizing effect especially after washing my hair and applying a leave in.

Thanks, didirose.

BUMPING FOR MORE POSTS!

I use a little sta-sof-fro with neutrogena triple moisture foam and a light oil. It's worked well on my entire head of hair so far. Keeps it soft with less shedding.

Jamaican Mango and Lime No-Itch Spray :D It will soften up your edges (I have 4a/b hair).

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
I use a little sta-sof-fro with neutrogena triple moisture foam and a light oil. It's worked well on my entire head of hair so far. Keeps it soft with less shedding.

I was going to mention sta-sof-fro as well. Also, try to be more
conscious when you are washing your face, not to get any of your cleanser on your hair. Your cleanser could be the culprit, especially if dryness isn't an issue anywhere else on your head.

Back