what products/tools are in your purse when u leave home?

Dposh167

... or when u go to work, out partying, to dinner, dates, the mall, etc....I always keep a brush and aveda styling cream at work. When i go out i bring a mini brush. I used to bring a toothbrush for my edges but not anymore. What do u ladies take with u when u leave ur house?..even if ur embarrassed to say?...so if u carry ur maxiglide xp in ur purse for a touch up....fess up lol

In my purse, just a comb really. I think I have some bobbypins floating in my purse somewhere. Sometimes I find a claw clip or flexi-8 clip that had been left at one point.

In my desk at work, I do have a tube of Aveda styling cream, but I rarely need to touchup my hair with any products during the day.

Now in my go-to overnight bag :sekret: I have some sample sizes of Qhemet creams, a scarf, a brush, and some clips. I never move those. They just stay in there to be used, as needed. You never know how your hair may be looking in the morning after you spend the night someplace. :sekret:

Last edited:
A lil spray bottle of glycerine and water and a brush...Not hair related but I carry my lil bottle of hot sauce too.:grin:

I don't carry anything in my purse or at work but i have a few things in my car. In my glove compartment a bag filled with a couple of scunchies, bobbypins, a plastic bonnet (in case it rains), and a scarf (in case i decide to sleep over someones house unexpectedly).

Last edited:
octopus clip and good day hair pins.... tons of good day hair pins.

Right there with you on both of these! I also keep a Mason Pearson-ish mini brush or shower comb and a rain bonnet. I also used to keep a bottle of Oyin JnB and my digital camera in there too but my shoulder would get to hurting from that and all my other stuff :lachen:.I keep a scarf in the armrest of my car as well :look:. Ya never know.

I don't carry anything in my purse or at work but i have a few things in my care. In my glove compartment a bag filled with a couple of scunchies, bobbypins, a plastic bonnet (in case it rains), and a scarf (in case i decide to sleep over someones house unexpectedly).

Okay I need to do this. Good idea!

And I am with you on the emergency scarf need. :sekret:

I used to carry a small spritzer bottle with water+con mixed. Now I just carry it will just plain water.
I have a tiny tube where I have castor+coconut oil mixed on my dresser. Sometimes, I take it with me, just in case I feel I might need it during the day. If not for my hair, a little is great on my body when I'm a tad ashy :grin:

Daily I carry a pick, brush and a headband. In my office I have ORS Olive Oil Hair Lotion in a little bottle.

Usually nothing. Buns don't require any tools.:lachen:

Sometimes if I'm wearing my hair straight and down I will carry a paddle brush.

i always have a scarf in my purse b/c i wear it until i pull into the parking lot at work - also random ponytail holders and pins

As far as hair goes...just my brush and a few bobby pins. But a must is my makeup powder and lipgloss...I can't live without those things!

Scarf....Wear it out the house in the morning then put it in my purse....put it back on when im leaving if its really windy or snowing/raining or something.

Clawclip, ponytail holder, couple of bobbypins, small comb. I never use anything...maybe pull it up sometimes but you never know when your hair might be looking a mess and you need to correct that.

right now just a comb because i moisturize moring and night so i usually dont need any creams. but my hair has been feeling funny lately so tonight im going to add the sample of hydratherma oil to my purse (just the right size) and find a little jar to put either some keracare or hydratherma naturals growth lotion. i might put some pony tail holders in there too.

Most often just some bobby pins and a hair tie just incase my bun comes undone. On the rare days that I decide to wear my hair down I will grab a comb as well.

In the winter, I keep a small bottle of moisturizer in my bag usually s-curl or care-free curl. This year, i may do the same or have a small jar of hair butter.

Okay I need to do this. Good idea!

And I am with you on the emergency scarf need. :sekret:
Yes, lol. For both i had to learn the hard way. There's nothing like going to get your hair done on a nice sunny day and by the time you leave the salon it's raining cats and dogs.

Back