What products or techniques have you revisited that you like better the second time?

MissMusic

I recently revisited overnight pre-pooing with oil and CON what was once the Green Label and is now Kiwi.

I have to say that I do not remember why I stopped pre-pooing with oil, but I will never leave it again. My hair loves it! I've been doing it for three weeks now and I do not remember why I stopped!

Also, I stopped using CON at the beginning of my journey because of Sulfates. However, since I do not like the less than detangling properties of JASON's Sea Kelp Shampoo (although its very moisturizing), I decided to try CON once again. I'm just gonna have to get over the SLS cause its great!

So Ladies, what have you revisited?

Re: What products or techniques have you revisited that you like better the second ti

I've revisited oiling my hair. My hair seems to like it, now, so I guess that will be something that I add in to the process.

Re: What products or techniques have you revisited that you like better the second ti

Kenra MC....did nothing before but I don't know what happened. It's a staple now.

I revisited using Paul Mitchell The Conditioner and The Rinse. Those two products really help me to detangle and moisturize my hair after washing. I also revisited Aveda's Hang Straight a few months ago after giving up on it. This has become another staple for me and aids with detangling/combing my wet hair after washing.

ORS Replenishing Pak and Giovanni Direct...did nothing for my transitioning hair but my natural hair loves it.

Co-Washing- When I first tried it at the beginning of my journey it was a no go, but now I only co-wash. I think it had a lot to do with the products I was using.

Adding castor/olive blend oil to my co-washes. It curbs my shedding/breakage and my hair loves it! Regular co-washes were not cutting it, especially with all of this new growth.

I slather on coconut then castor oil on my freshly washed/conditioned/leave-ins applied hair, twist into pigtails pin up, and leave it to air dry. It leaves my new growth very soft... then three days later I have to do it again lol. I know folks would say that that's alot but my hair needs that. It would be nice to not have to apply much of anything but 1. I'm on a budget and 2. muh naps ain't havin' that.

Aveda Damage Remedy treatment.

I hated that stuff!! It seemed to have done NOTHING for my hair and for that price I was mad.

But, I HAD to use it after spending so much and I must say I like it. I did not use it according to the directions, which is what I do with most conditioners and my hair did not like that. But I used it according to the directions BEFORE deep conditioning with something else and I can tell a difference in the outcome of my hair's moisture level and style.

I am not sure I want to make such a product a staple but I am glad I will be able to get my money's worth.

I don't know if a hair style counts, but I revisited twists.
The first time, I did'nt like them because they made me look so young and I was afraid of them getting knotted for some reason. Out of boredom, I twisted my hair last weekend and liked how they turned out. I did them smaller this time and on dry hair.
Instead of wearing down, I did updo's and buns with them during the week. I think that helped with them not making me look like a little girl.
I cowashed them daily and I had no knots.
I like twists now!

• Anything with cones
  • Mineral oil and Vaseline for last 3" of hair (I make sure that I scrub them clean weekly) but boy or boy, talk about a great seal.
  • Boar Brush - love the way it smooth out my natural hair. CAUTION: I only started to use recently and my hair is VERY moisturized thanks to weekly 1 hour + DC's under hood dryer for the last 6 months!!!

ic fantasia 100% tea shampoo. i used it around the time i first bc'd and didn't like it but i recently started using it again and i like it better.

dark and lovely ultra cholesterol. the first time i used it, it seemed to work great the first application then it became sub-par. when i used it again, my hair felt softer than usual so i think this deep conditioner might be a keeper.

ic fantasia gel. when i first tried it, i was using it in the wrong way. now that i know how to use it, it's definitely a staple.

Last edited:

lightly blow-drying my hair to stretch after each poo/DC. It actually helps me keep the hair on my head; i have less breakage and my hair is more manageable than when i just air-dry. When I was doing it before, my ends were dry and crispy all the time, but that was before i started using a heat protectant, DC-ing 3x a week or more and moisturizing my ends nightly. Now I just have smooth velvety hair after a blowdry.:grin:

Back