What kind of YTers do you follow?

MeowMix

Hi all,

I was looking and a lot of my subscriptions have less than 500 subscribers. To me it’s kind of like a small club vs. a stadium. We all know about the Kimmaytubes /Naptural85s etc.. Who do you all like?

Hair product reviews, styles I am never able to pull off, eyeshadow and lipstick reviews or faves.

I find the cooking/general life sharing/vlog type videos boring so I avoid them.

Over the years I've unsubbed from a lot of naturals. I guess there's nothing new for me to learn about hair lol. I like NaturallyCandy (I think that her name) she has an awesome personality so I mainly watch her non hair related vids. Other than that I'm following makeup artists, people who cook, fashion vlogers and random funny vlogers.

information wise, its not really much for me to learn anymore, so i just watch (sometimes on mute) to lust over ppls hair :look:...i only faithfully watch elle/denimpixie & mahoganycurls...every once in a while i'll watch haircrush & pgneiicey or other random youtubers that i happen to come across.

I am subscribed to a lot of makeup bloggers, hair bloggers but more along the lines of weave/wig wearers who do reviews and make their own u-part wigs and then fitness. Most of my YT subscriptions fall in those three categories. then there are the few who I am subscribed to just cause cause I like to hear them talk like TheSkorpionShow or TatianaMercedes

They have very kinky hair and down to earth. I only had 2 or 3 subscriptions for the longest. Now I finally found some more naturals I can relate to.

Last edited:
lush healthy looking hair and a personality. and i like simple quick videos

my top fav youtubers are:
naptural85
mahoganyknots
mahoganycurls
these ladies are my unicorns. their hair is totally unreal. the lush and health they have is insane.

quick and simple with pretty hair:
tranaturally.
she just gets straight to the damn point.

these just have great length retention:
chakakhanian
whoissugar
longhairdontcare
aliciajames
haircrush

overall natuaral beauty and health tips:
heyfranhey.
i love this chick because she's holistic like what i'm striving for.

and these 2 i watch just because i am a youtube junkie and they constantly update lol:
xgoldn. her randomness can be a bit much but homegirl has made a business for herself at a young age. can't hate on that.
sistawithrealhair youtube for me is simply for entertainment because i don't really apply what i see from the videos in my routine. i mainly use what i have learned through trial and error or what i have learned on the hair forums.

Last edited:
^^^^Wow, what a great list. Thank you. BTW, WhoisSugar just takes me out. There are some names I don't know that I'm definitely checking out. I was just looking at my subscribers and it's like 98% hair:dork:

For some reason, I have some :love2: for people starting out on their journey. It's like you're just starting and uploaded a video? Well I just feel lazy:lachen:.

In addition to some of the big names Naptural85, Longhairdontcarellc, AfricanExport, etc. I try to sub ppl with what I think looks like my hair type or my daughter's. For me, I sub to jerseystylez and niafloda. For DD I sub to candidann, jemy1415. For styles and general haircare tips I sub to PRETTYDIMPLES01 and Girlsloveyourcurls.

I follow

haircrush: cause I love her length that's pretty much it, she doesn't do much with her hair that I find amazing or worth me copying.

nikkidior: I love her curls and she did do a twisted updo style that I love and have copied at least 2x now. But she is sort of depressing and dull in her vid's imo.

Naptural85: I've copy many styles from her and I love her quick and short vid's

Taren: I like to see what's new with her from time to time and I've been following her hair growth since her chop, but her vid's are LONG and I hate that, I always cut them short or skip ahead :)

shortysgs: She has great curls and she does make up vid's from time to time, she has a cool personality so I like watching, though she hasn't uploaded in a long time.

Elle (denimpixie) I like her personality she seems cool though so of her vids are long too : /

Make Up:

pixiewoo: This girl does the most fab make up I've ever seen, I love her vids. Great quality and they hold my interest the whole way through.

Michelle Phan: She is fun and I like her quality of vid's too, plus I like seeing how she does her eyeshadow since she is Asian and has either a mono or hooded lid, it's helpful because I have a hooded lid and I have a hard time doing eyeshadow.

Hey thanks. There are so many names I recognize. These ladies have mad love on this board. Remember when Elle used to be on here? She blew up.

Man I remember when there where not even 20 hair YTubers. Now it's just a world of people. Maybe I'm following little ones so I can say I discovered the next big thing.:grin:

along with the ones that pretty much all of us know

im really liking xgoldn. great hair w/ fun hairstyles...cute clothes & accessories (even though i am fashion challenged myself)

oh yeah i like brosia (xgoldn) too! i've been following her for like 3yrs before she got all fancy...i like her random makeup/fashion vids...her jewelry is cute too.

remember chisellecouture? i miss her. i wonder what her hair looks like now.

also even though she only has a couple vids, i like lukalomi. her hair is beautiful, and her vids are nice quality...i could see her being a big YT name if she really put effort into it. she actually uploaded a video the other day...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCw0y_9yJ7g&feature=plcp

I follow people with similar hair texture but I also follow people who do cute styles, no matter their texture or ethnicity.

This! I get style ideas from anybody...plus Im style challenged so the styles clear women do are more user friendly sometimes LOL.

Hey thanks. There are so many names I recognize. These ladies have mad love on this board. Remember when Elle used to be on here? She blew up.

Man I remember when there where not even 20 hair YTubers. Now it's just a world of people. Maybe I'm following little ones so I can say I discovered the next big thing.:grin:

MeowMix I also like to follow long term transitioners and people just starting out! :)

This! I get style ideas from anybody...plus Im style challenged so the styles clear women do are more user friendly sometimes LOL.

:giggle: You've just opened up whole new possibilities

MeowMix I also like to follow long term transitioners and people just starting out! :)

Leslie_C Me too. I've been following kikicouture10 and she's scheduling her BC. It's exciting (long term follower). Are you watching videos now? It's late in TN. :sleeping:

@Leslie_C Me too. I've been following kikicouture10 and she's scheduling her BC. It's exciting (long term follower). Are you watching videos now? It's late in TN. :sleeping:

@MeowMix LOL I am a night owl bc I used to work night shifts...I like having the peace and quiet to myself late at night when the Mr and little one are in bed. Its my "me time" :lol: I stay up til between 1 and 3 am when Im off :)

Im kind of borderline ADD, so Im watching videos, "window" shopping on amazon and ebay, seaching google, reading forums...toggling between them all lol.

I like SumKindaWOnderful because she has big beautiful hair and she also speaks out against the natural hair snobbery that is rife on the internet.
I also loved ChiselleCouture because her videos were so inspiring and her twisted styles and retention made me want to discover my hair's natural potential. I am finally full natural and I wish I could have downloaded her vids before she left YT!
I also follow ExcelATL for make-up and randomness.
21bahamas is lovely with her hair length and twists.
Ashiek1118 is great with her styles and rants.
Bronzeqt also does great natural styles and some make-up.
iknowlee is amazing for styling tutorials!
Ok, enough for now....off you go to check them out!

AfricanExport,Tastiredbone,productjunkiediva,Splinta24,Eformationqueen (Carol Gray ,the author of a hair book,she talks so much sense about marriage and life in general ,love her!!),haircrush,Lisasz09,Chrystallove. HiMAYN10NENCE.Most of them are hair /makeup related they re the most active" ones.

Last edited:
oh i forgot about fusion of cultures. she is a doll. does good tutorials. love her lush hair as well. and she has that cool london style.

Back