What kind of heat do you use to deep condition?

Umm Ebraheem

I just finished applying conditioner to my hair and went to sit under my Lady Dazy bonnet dryer only to realize that it is broke and unusable. So, I'm sitting here thinking I was going to deep condition with heat only to be thwarted by my dryer.

Can I get some suggestions for replacements? I like to sit under a dryer but I'm also looking for something portable and would consider a soft bonnet dryer if they actually worked. The Lady Dazy was a hand me down from my mom so I'm only a little upset about it being broken.

What do you ladies prefer for deep conditioning?

Umm Ebraheem

I love my self heating caps for and hour or two even though I have a steamer and hooded portable dryer :)

It gives a intense conditioning :) without electricity :)

I own a Pibbs, blow dryer w attachment, microwaveable steam cap and a steamer. All are good. But honestly, i reach for my Gold N Hot Bonnet Dryer the most. I tuck it under my bed and tend to use it when im reading, on the Internet, or watching tv. Easy to carry to any place of the house too; has cool control for closing cuticles, and high and low speed settings. You can get one at walmart for less than $30.

I deep condition 1 of 3 ways:

plastic cap, scarf & go workout (body heat)
plastic cap, scarf & sleep overnight on a towel (body heat)
plastic cap, under my Gold N Hot hooded dryer for 30-45 minutes

Hope that helps!

I deep condition 1 of 3 ways:

plastic cap, scarf & go workout (body heat)
plastic cap, scarf & sleep overnight on a towel (body heat)
plastic cap, under my Gold N Hot hooded dryer for 30-45 minutes

Hope that helps!

I do the above also. Sometimes after a workout I might also visit the sauna.

I usually don't bring out my soft bonnet dryer like I say I'm going to -- too lazy. But my soft bonnet dryer is a gold n hot and it's awesome. I use it for my rollersets and it dries my hair really well. Ok, I'm getting off topic...:drunk:

What I do more often than not is put on my DC, then a plastic cap, then a winter hat to trap heat or a scarf and I clean or move about doing something else I need to do for about an hour.:yep:

I've been thinking about getting a heat therapy wrap and a steamer. But with the steamer I have to sit down and be still so I don't know.

And I don't overnight DC cause I'm not sleeping in nothing! :look:

I use a heat cap for 15 to 30 minutes and then leave the plastic cap on for long as desired after that. I have a dryer and a steamer but I really hate having to sit that still. Haven't used either in a year.

I will eventually probably get one of the microwaveable heat caps for more mobility but for now the heat cap is my favorite.

I love my self heating caps for and hour or two even though I have a steamer and hooded portable dryer :)

It gives a intense conditioning :) without electricity :)

Even though I have a bonnet dryer and steamer, I prefer the micro-wave heat cap because I can move around and do other things.:grin:

My steamer or DC overnight. I wish I had a self heating cap though. I dread sitting under the steamer.

the kind that is generated from my scalp and a shower cap. I only deep condition for about 30-40 minutes.

My Heat Therapy Wrap if I'm DCing for a couple of hours. If I'm DCing overnight, I don't use any additional heat.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't like sleeping with conditioner, so I will decide soon on a replacement for my Lady Dazy. She will be missed :(

Usually just the shower cap, it's already hot where I live so my hair is warm after that. Sometimes in colder months I hold the hair dryer above my hair for about 5 minutes (warm setting).

I use a plastic cap and scarf and leave it overnight or ill use my blow dryer for about 10 minutes. Hopefully soon I can buy a dryer. This might be a dumb question but can you use rollers with a steamer or does it take longer to dry?

Back