what kind of blowdryer do you use??

Shatani

is it ionic? how much was it?

this stylist i talked to today told me that i should get a really expensive (CHI) blow dryer....now is all that really necessary in your opinion? and my hair is natural, i rarely blow dry...
~T~

i use a small blowdryer with no attachment. can't think of the brand name. the bigger ones are just too hard for me to maneuver. i would like to try one that gets as hot as the ones they use in the dominican shops.

CHI makes absolutely excellent products that will give you salon results at home. Now, I know some people really like their Hot Tools and Gold N Hot things and say that they are just the same for them. But IMO there is simply no comparison to CHI and other better brands. A blowdryer or flat iron that you get at Wal-Mart or Sally's simply will not compare to a CHI.

well, i guess im gonna have to wait for quality...cuz im a student and i hardly have any kind of disposable income!!
laugh.gif
that blowdryer by itself is like 3 trips to the grocer store!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

~T~

I use a ConairPro Yellowbird. I believe it was bought from Sally's. (No more than 20 bucks.) It's an ugly yellow color, but it does give me salon results at home
laugh.gif
...But then again it is a "Pro" drier. It came with all the attachments too.

Shatani-

Since you rarely use a dryer, I really don't think you need to shell out a lot of money for the CHI. There are plenty of people who get salon results from "regular" dryers, incl me. Now I AM relaxed, however, even when I was natural I didn't have a professional dryer and my hair came out pretty straight. A comb attachment is a must!
wink.gif

Right now I use a soft grip Revlon dryer (1875 watts) that I bought from WalMart. I get salon results w/it, but remember that it's not just the tools but also the products you put on your hair while using these tools that will give you the desired style/effect you want.

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
Shatani-

Since you rarely use a dryer, I really don't think you need to shell out a lot of money for the CHI. There are plenty of people who get salon results from "regular" dryers, incl me. Now I AM relaxed, however, even when I was natural I didn't have a professional dryer and my hair came out pretty straight. A comb attachment is a must!
wink.gif

Right now I use a soft grip Revlon dryer (1875 watts) that I bought from WalMart. I get salon results w/it, but remember that it's not just the tools but also the products you put on your hair while using these tools that will give you the desired style/effect you want.

[/ QUOTE ]thank you! and you dont have to tell me about a comb attachment!
lachen70.gif
i wish i WOULD try to maneuver both a brush(or comb) and a dryer with all this hair...shooot!!! think i'll head out to walmart a little later...
~T~

I use an ionic blow-dryer. It's great, I can't recall the make but it was about 60 bucks.

LOL... EXACTLY!

WalMart or Target would be good to get a cheap one from. Mine was 11 bucks!
wink.gif

BTW- What part of Philly are you from, Ma?
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
LOL... EXACTLY!

WalMart or Target would be good to get a cheap one from. Mine was 11 bucks!
wink.gif

BTW- What part of Philly are you from, Ma?
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]i live in university city/west philly....i been lookin for will smith's house, but i havent found it yet!
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

are you from philly?? im not, i just go to school here...
~T~

LOL!!! That's funny! I think you'll find Jill's (Scott)or Patti's house (LaBelle) before you find his.
laugh.gif

Yeah, I was born and raised, but will not be back! lol... Just don't wanna: been there, done that, ya know?

West Philly, huh? You probably either go to Drexel or U of P. (if not, where do you go?) I hope you enjoy your stay; Philly is a cool city.
cool.gif

well, ive heard about jill's salon...too rich for my blood!! i understand not wanted to go back...i was born and raised in Boston, pretty sure i wont be going back there! especially since im getting my mom to move...hahaha

i go to widener...i just didnt want to live in chester...and media was whiter than i like to live...right now, im in a good mix....so, im cool....

its okay so far, but grad school doesnt leave much time for going out, so my exploration of the city will be sloooooow....but i got 4 more years so...
~T~

There's nothing to do in Chester so you made a good choice!

Wish you well in grad school! Be sure to hit up Penn's Landing: there should be some summer concerts/fests going on right about now, get a taste of our famous cheesesteaks and explore the culture diversity of South Street.

I'll be checkin in w/you from time to time...
wink.gif

Vidal Sassoon ion 1875 watt dryer with comb attachments [when I use one], and a Vidal Sassoon ion dryer with bonnet attachment when I decide to roller set.

I have an ionic hand dryer that I purchased before I started at LHCF and I have used it once since I got it. It cost me $25 from Sally's and it included a comb attachment. It worked great but like I said I only used it once and that was back in Dec 03.

I agree you do not have to get an expensive hair dryer. I rarely use mine, in fact my mom uses it more than me. I have a conair ion shine hair dryer from Target. It was less than $20. And let me tell you it gets the job done. I even got two of my friends to buy one.

i actually have that one (somewhere around here) chocolate....i just have a tough time cuz theres no comb attachment...i was thinkign about just buying another one...
~T~

The one I have now is a Conair Ionic 1875watts that gave pretty good results. After seeing the posts about the crazy 2800watt ones used in the Dominican salons, I went on a mad hunt to find one. I ended up deciding on the Volcano Ionic 2800watt blow dryer. Most places didn't have them anymore, but this one yahoo store did: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/omega-electronics/io28prhadrwi.html.
trampoline.gif

So... I ordered it, and I'm giving my Conair away to my friend as soon as the new one arrives.
grin.gif
I can't wait to use it.

i have this Sharper Image ionic dryer with the side-type comb attachment:

SI641-PIP.JPG

i don't like the nozzle ones. and i can't use the ones without an attachment.

this one is 1875 watts, but because it's ionic, it dries my hair in half the time. i love it!

[ QUOTE ]
JuJuBoo said:
what's the difference of an "ionic" drier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ionic dryers are supposed to make the water molecules small enough to be absorbed by your hair so it is less drying and damaging.

If you just want a basic ion dryer try odd lots, or if you have it in your area Schottensteins or Mazels. They have ion blow dryers all day for 12 bucks, sometimes less, but they are usually the ones with the single comb/pick attachement. Places like Meijers and Wal mart usually have the one with the 2 comb and 1 brush attachment for about 20-22 bucks.

[ QUOTE ]
Enchantmt said:
[ QUOTE ]
JuJuBoo said:
what's the difference of an "ionic" drier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ionic dryers are supposed to make the water molecules small enough to be absorbed by your hair so it is less drying and damaging.

If you just want a basic ion dryer try odd lots, or if you have it in your area Schottensteins or Mazels. They have ion blow dryers all day for 12 bucks, sometimes less, but they are usually the ones with the single comb/pick attachement. Places like Meijers and Wal mart usually have the one with the 2 comb and 1 brush attachment for about 20-22 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks enchantmt!

I had an ionic one (think I got it for $80) but I broke it :-( I just ordered an Elchim blow dryer, supposed to be top of the line...

Back