What is your favorite 'FAITH' bible verse

PinkPebbles

I know that many can attest that we serve a miraculous God by our very own personal experience with Him. He is the same God yesterday, today, and forever.

Let’s continue to stir up and stand on our faith in Christ Jesus!!!

Please join in and post your favorite bible verses related to ‘faith in God.’:clap:

I’ll start….

Jesus heals blind Bartimaeus
47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
51 So Jesus answered and said to him, “What do you want Me to do for you?”
The blind man said to Him, “Rabboni, that I may receive my sight.”
52 Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.”And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.

Hannah’s prayer answered
10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed to the Lord and wept in anguish. 11 Then she made a vow and said, “O Lord of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head.”

20 So it came to pass in the process of time that Hannah conceived and bore a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, “Because I have asked for him from the Lord.”

Last edited:
For me, the most poignant story of faith is that of the Centurion.. the kind of faith that amazes even Jesus:

Luke 7
When Jesus had finished saying all this to the people who were listening, he entered Capernaum.
2 There a centurion’s servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die.
3 The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant.
4 When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, “This man deserves to have you do this,
5 because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.”
6 So Jesus went with them. He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: “Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof.
7 That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed.
8 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, “I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel.”
10 Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.

That man had a "tender heart" and I believe that is the kind of heart that gets God's attention. A tender heart is moved ... full of compassion and charity toward another. So that the Centurion -- who wasn't even religious or knew Scriptures -- activated his faith, solely from his heart, which emphasizes that it's the place where communion with God takes place.

By contrast Pharaoh had NO FAITH whatsoever because his heart wasn't easily moved.. it had no compassion or charity, and so God allowed it to harden.

Last edited:
I don't know if what I'm gonna paste below is about faith in the sense that the thread is referring to but the story of Zacchaeus is my favorite. That's the heart I want... When Jesus came, he didnt have to condemn the man or tell him all that he did wrong, Zacchaeus simply repented in the presence of God incarnate.. I love it.

Luke 19:1-10 KJV
And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. [2] And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. [3] And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. [4] And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way . [5] And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. [6] And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully. [7] And when they saw it , they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. [8] And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. [9] And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. [10] For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

For me, the most poignant story of faith is that of the Centurion.. the kind of faith that amazes even Jesus:

That man had a "tender heart" and I believe that is the kind of heart that gets God's attention. A tender heart is moved ... full of compassion and charity toward another. So that the Centurion -- who wasn't even religious or knew Scriptures -- activated his faith, solely from his heart, which emphasizes that it's the place where communion with God takes place.

By contrast Pharaoh had NO FAITH whatsoever because his heart wasn't easily moved.. it had no compassion or charity, and so God allowed it to harden.

What a blessing, Thank you so much Laela@ My mom had a 3rd stroke and I was very discouraged these last few days and out of town and I am home now and very, very encouraged. God's words are still moving and shaking.

My favorite faith story would have to be that of the Harlot Rahab in Joshua. She wasn't an Israelite but she had heard story about their God and was willing to hid the spies at the risk of death just of what they heard believing that the God of Abraham, Issac and Joseph would protect her and her family. Now that's faith.

Because of her faith she is one of the few woman listed in Matthew 1 as being in the direct line of Jesus and is also listed in Hebrews 11.

God can and will use anyone no matter of our past!

Amein and YVW, sis! Stay encouraged and much love to your beloved Mom, :love2: because we know God is Healer, Jehovah Rapha!

What a blessing, Thank you so much Laela@ My mom had a 3rd stroke and I was very discouraged these last few days and out of town and I am home now and very, very encouraged. God's words are still moving and shaking.

Another favorite verse of mine is Isaiah 38 - God extends Hezekiah's life.

When I read this passage it touches me because it shows that God is compassionate, merciful, and loving. And He truly hears our prayers.

In those days Hezekiah was sick and near death. And Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, went to him and said to him, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die and not live.’”
2 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed to the Lord, 3 and said, “Remember now, O Lord, I pray, how I have walked before You in truth and with a loyal heart, and have done what is good in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
4 And the word of the Lord came to Isaiah, saying, 5 “Go and tell Hezekiah, ‘Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will add to your days fifteen years. 6 I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria, and I will defend this city.”’

I absolutely love the entire book of Job, especially the end, when God Himself speaks to the man Job (the believer). Also, my heart is always uplifted with Joseph's ill treatment/enslavery (Genesis 37) and his elevation as governor (Genesis 41:37-56). Then there are the numerous chapters in Psalm that speak clearly to those who are seeking the Lord Jesus and He shows of deliverance and mercy towards us.

Hebrews 6:13 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one
greater for Him to swear by, He swore by Himself,

Psalm 46:10 He (God) says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be
exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth

The story about the woman who was healed by touching the hem of our Lord's robe is one of my favorite faith Scriptures. She really had to step out on faith to reach out to our Lord because she was considered to be unclean due to her issue of blood. That tells me I can approach my Lord in faith even when I don't appear to be "clean" to others.

Mark 5:24-34 NLT
Jesus heals in response to faith.

24 Jesus went with him, and all the people followed, crowding around him. 25 A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. 26 She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. 27 She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe. 28 For she thought to herself, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.” 29 Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel in her body that she had been healed of her terrible condition.

30 Jesus realized at once that healing power had gone out from him, so he turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my robe?”

31 His disciples said to him, “Look at this crowd pressing around you. How can you ask, ‘Who touched me?’”

32 But he kept on looking around to see who had done it. 33 Then the frightened woman, trembling at the realization of what had happened to her, came and fell to her knees in front of him and told him what she had done. 34 And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over.”

Praise God, I needed to read this today!!! :pray:

The one about the widow and the Prophet Elijah. another one of my favorites..

1 Kings 17
They were down to their last bit of oil and flour and resigned to dying in the famine, when the prophet visited their home and asked her to feed him first ..which she did. By entertaining this stranger, she obeyed what the Lord told her through the prophet and activated her faith.

..as well as the one of the Shunamite woman and Elisha... Shimmie shared a timely Word, "Your Dream Will Sneeze" based on that story. ~ 2 Kings 4:8-37

Last edited:
This is a verse that reminds me to TRUST God. Stop worrying. Stop anticipating. Just trust God. Love it so much

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.

The one about the widow and the Prophet Elijah. another one of my favorites..

1 Kings 17
They were down to their last bit of oil and flour and resigned to dying in the famine, when the prophet visited their home and asked her to feed him first ..which she did. By entertaining this stranger, she obeyed what the Lord told her through the prophet and activated her faith.

..as well as the one of the Shunamite woman and Elisha... Shimmie shared a timely Word, "Your Dream Will Sneeze" based on that story. ~ 2 Kings 4:8-37

Thank you Laela...

:bighug:

Mine is Phillipians 1 v 6

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Whatever God started in my life, he will certainly fulfil it.

Back