What is the Best Styling Product to define curls?

JMH1908

In the past I've used Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream but now I'm ready to try something else a little more natural without all the Mineral Oil and extra stuff that's not needed in my hair to define the curl. I am texlaxed, so my hair has a little curl and wave when wet. I also want something with a little hold to it as well..thanks so much ladies!!

How are u trying to achieve your curls-with twist, naturally or rollersetting?

For twist I would recommend Rusk Deep Shine Kelp conditioner or IC Fantasia. I have KCCC and it makes my hair flakly, but I am heaving handed with product.

I usually let my hair curl naturally after applying the product, then sit under the dryer...I'm looking for something that is more natural than Miss Jessies without mineral oil, but did they change the curly pudding ingredients? And yes, I've tried kinky curly and I just didn't like the way it made my hair feel afterwards and it flaked a little and I didn't use much either. I'm wondering if people have tried products such as DevaCurl, Ouidad, Jessiecurl, etc..I will also do a search..thanks for your replies..

I usually let my hair curl naturally after applying the product, then sit under the dryer...I'm looking for something that is more natural than Miss Jessies without mineral oil, but did they change the curly pudding ingredients? And yes, I've tried kinky curly and I just didn't like the way it made my hair feel afterwards and it flaked a little and I didn't use much either. I'm wondering if people have tried products such as DevaCurl, Ouidad, Jessiecurl, etc..I will also do a search..thanks for your replies..

Mine did the same thing the first time I used the KCCC. What I did afterwards was mix the KCCC in a spray bottle with water and I did the same thing with the styling spritz and it's worked perfectly ever since. The reason why you got the flakes is because you still had some other product in your hair. I had to completely wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo and then us the KCCC and I haven't regretted it. Hope this helps!!!

Mine did the same thing the first time I used the KCCC. What I did afterwards was mix the KCCC in a spray bottle with water and I did the same thing with the styling spritz and it's worked perfectly ever since. The reason why you got the flakes is because you still had some other product in your hair. I had to completely wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo and then us the KCCC and I haven't regretted it. Hope this helps!!!

KCCC is the reason I have contemplated ending my LT Transition early with a big chop! Can't wait to see if it works for my curls once they aren't weighed down by relaxed ends! Thanks for the tip! :)

Actually, KCCC was the only product in my hair when I did try it besides my conditioner, but I rinsed it out when its started to become flaky during my application. I will try to clarify first to see if this will help..thanks!

I've learned that while a styling product may help define curls, no product can perform well if the hair is not well moisturized to begin with. A curl defining styling product on properly treated/moisturized hair will always work better than on a poorly moisturized or worse, dry hair....

Back