What is real softness?

fairyhairy

Did a twist out, after deep conditioning my hair yesterday, i twisted with
eco-styler & s-curl ( i know the gel has caused some crunchiness) , I don't think my hair is that really soft.
I guess my idea of softness is feeling well baby soft hair or anything that isn't what i'm feeling lol complicated but i guess i wanted to get some kind of measurement of softness. I remember chatting to a girl a while ago go had very soft hair as in it felt like air when you touched it

so if you could answer in the following way and maybe detail how you got it that way.
I hope this makes sense :spinning::drunk:

my hair feels soft like......

for example My hair feels soft like candyfloss....

My hair feels like a sponge right now, I had avocado butter in it from yesterday and it's damp and a little shrunken because it got wet in the rain.

My hair's soft like thin silk threads (I straightened last week) I used Giovanni Magnetic Restructuring conditioner as a dry dc for about 3 hours, washed with Global moisturising shampoo, applied joico moisture recovery for 3-5 minutes and rinsed, I then rollerset, then flatironed the roots.

I've been moisturising every other day with Giovanni Direct leave-in and sealing with Elasta Reflex hair oil spray/ EVOO. I think its the Giovanni Direct that did it cause it was dry after the rollerset.

My hair is soft like that polyester pillow stuffing. :lick:....so puhluuussshhhhh

And it's been that way since I started doing the curly girl method :yep:

My hair is soft like damp cotton in the country. For those who knows what that feels like it when I rub my hair together it has no sound I cant keep my hands out of it.

My hair feels super duper soft. I account it to regular dc's with EVCO and EVOO and using a moisturizing leave in. I used to twist my hair with gel but now I use a soft cream like Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and seal with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Moisturizer. I've found that my twists are soooo soft and I have great defined twist outs. Hope this helps.

its so hard to find the right words isn't it, thats why I wanted something to compare it to
just to give me an idea of how well moisturized hair should feel :drunk:

I guess it depends on what's going on at the time. After a moisturizing session my hair is soft like a wet sponge but after a few days it's soft like cotton. With no product at all it's soft like cotton as well LOL.

My hair feels soft like air, especially after a blow out. I have fine, silky/cottony strands so maybe that's why.

When I use too much protein, it feels like pillow filling. I like it to feel that way b/c I love thick hair.

Back