What do you use to Set Twists?

CenteredGirl

I've been using Fantasia IC gel (clear) but wondering if there's another solution. Gotta change up a bit now and then. Any advice ladies?

I use whatever my leave-in of the month is. It's almost always something thick and/or buttery, and it works well for me.

My twists seem to set if I dunk them in water after doing them. The shrinking and coiling of the hair just seems to make them hold. I like to dunk them in water because the weight of the water as they drip dry makes them hang down straight and parallel, but I also find I get the bonus of them setting and the ends becoming these cute spirals like interlocked springs. I usually roll the wet ends between finger to form a single pointy instead of two fraying parts. The weight of the water is also instrumental in creating those spring-like spirals. (Just want to mention, I don't twist w/ any products. And once twists are in, I only shampoo/condish or just CW, then ACV rinse and call it a day. The CWs seem to keep them moisturized and soft. I also find not using products gives the best twist-out definition.

My twists seem to set if I dunk them in water after doing them. The shrinking and coiling of the hair just seems to make them hold. I like to dunk them in water because the weight of the water as they drip dry makes them hang down straight and parallel, but I also find I get the bonus of them setting and the ends becoming these cute spirals like interlocked springs. I usually roll the wet ends between finger to form a single pointy instead of two fraying parts. The weight of the water is also instrumental in creating those spring-like spirals. (Just want to mention, I don't twist w/ any products. And once twists are in, I only shampoo/condish or just CW, then ACV rinse and call it a day. The CWs seem to keep them moisturized and soft. I also find not using products gives the best twist-out definition.

WOW. This is a great GREAT idea.

OK - I am doing this on the next set...

****copy.....Paste*****:boredwrk::bighug:

My twists seem to set if I dunk them in water after doing them. The shrinking and coiling of the hair just seems to make them hold. I like to dunk them in water because the weight of the water as they drip dry makes them hang down straight and parallel, but I also find I get the bonus of them setting and the ends becoming these cute spirals like interlocked springs. I usually roll the wet ends between finger to form a single pointy instead of two fraying parts. The weight of the water is also instrumental in creating those spring-like spirals. (Just want to mention, I don't twist w/ any products. And once twists are in, I only shampoo/condish or just CW, then ACV rinse and call it a day. The CWs seem to keep them moisturized and soft. I also find not using products gives the best twist-out definition.[/quote]

That is BRILLIANT!!! I am going to do this tonight. Made my DAY!!! THANK YOU:2cool:

Just wanted to add, if you need a li'l somep'n somep'n to add to your hair if just making do with an ACV dunk as your final step isn't cutting it for you, you could make the spritz I used to make back when I wasn't so lazy. Below is the recipe I used to make it with. What I, in my lazy mode these days, do instead is add the EOs to my ACV rinse and dunk in that and keep on stepping.

Essential Oil Vinegar Rinse

2 tablespoons (8 teaspoons/40 ml) apple cider vinegar
20 drops lavender oil
20 drops rosemary oil
10 drops geranium oil (or lemon oil if hair is oily)
Rain or distilled water
1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin

Mix essential oils and vinegar together in a 300ml spray bottle. Fill up with purified or rain water. Shake well before use.

To use: Rinse the hair after shampooing and conditioning then spray thoroughly with the vinegar rinse.

Don't rinse out.

I'm using a mixture of Honey and Carol's Daughter Hair Milk, to make the twist stick together. I figure as I rinse my hair should have a nice sheen.

My hair is relaxed, with a lil'mo than an inch of new growth, I'm taking the human hair twist down and twisting my own hair.

Back