What do you use to pre-poo with?

Bees

I usually don't pre-poo but since I have an extended weekend, I have decided to take a little extra care with my hair. What can I pre-poo with?

I use Salerm 21 and sometimes add coconut oil, though it is not a real pre-poo because I do not use shampoo. I love it.

Jojoba Oil or Nexxus Botanic Oil all over hair then Garnier Fructis 3 minute masque massaged in over the oiled hair---plastic cap and heat for 30 minutes.-- I got this from dontspeakdefeat's album except she uses evoo in her album tutorial :)

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I use EVOO prewarmed and then sit under the drier for 10-20 min depending on my hair, I love the results. ;)

ITA, :up: I use this same method. I'll either use EVOO or Castor Oil.

I also do not shampoo my hair, so I use a mixture of Suave Milk & Honey mixed with EVOO & Honey.

Crystalicequeen123 said:
Cool advice ladies! :up:

What does pre-poo do exactly? Just curious. And I assume you pre-poo the same day you shampoo your hair?

Thank you Crstalicequeen123. :)

For my hair, I've noticed better results when I pre-poo. My hair is more moisturized. Since I no longer shampoo this is great for me. :grin: However, once every few weeks I do use Dr. Bronner's Almond Castille Soap. I love it and it is super gentle on my natural curls.

I notice spectacular results when I Pre-poo with LeKair Carrot Cholesterol mixed with honey. :love: I put this on my dry hair and cover and leave this on for 1 hour. I don't use heat at all. ;)

Crystalicequeen123 said:
Cool advice ladies! :up:

What does pre-poo do exactly? Just curious. And I assume you pre-poo the same day you shampoo your hair?

I pre-poo to add moisture. By the time I am "washing" my hair again is not because it is dirty, but because it is dry and needs moisture again. Especially in the winter. I notice the biggest improvements to: MY ENDS--never frizzy. I pre-poo the night before I wash.

Generally pre-pooing is a great way to combat the drying effects of shampoo. Shampoo strips your hairs natural oils while taking away all else.

sugaplum said:
ITA, :up: I use this same method. I'll either use EVOO or Castor Oil.

I also do not shampoo my hair, so I use a mixture of Suave Milk & Honey mixed with EVOO & Honey.

this is exactly what I use in my pre poo mixture.:eek: :)

I use the Dominican APRETADORA TRATAMIENTO CAPILAR FORTALECEDOR (FORTIFYING CAPILLAR TREATMENT WITH APRETOL-15 CINNAMON & ROSEMARY)

I use EVOO, honey and some type of conditioner for about an hour with a plastic cap on.

My hair loves it, it is more moisturzed and reacts better.

Sassygoddess said:
what do you mean you don't shampoo? how do you clean your hair of oil and build up?

I can't speak for everyone who condition washes. But first, my scalp does not produce a lot of sebum, that's why in the past my relaxed hair is often dry and starved for moisture.

Second, I do not add products to my hair during the week because the no-shampoo wash--conditioner only, leaves my hair moist root to tip all week.

Third, to "wash" I rinse my hair with warm water until it runs clear, then deep condition . . . etc etc. Every 8 weeks, I use a clarifying poo to clear build up from my scalp. But week to week my hair does not requre a shampoo. Further, my hair smells like the conditioner for at least 3 days.

There are many women on this forum who condition wash--it's not a big innovation.

I use castor oil or jamaica black castor oil paying special and close attention to my ends. I do this the nite before shampooing and baggie.

The night before I apply Brahmi-Amla oil to my hair and scalp... Then in the morning I add on top a mixture of Aussie Moist and Coconut milk (mostly the milk solids or else it is too runny!)... Then I sit under the dryer for 10-15 minutes.

i use evoo, jojoba, and coconut oil warm it put a plastic cap on go to sleep and shampoo in the morning i do this every saturday night

I usually used *warmed* cheapie conditioner on *dry* hair... let sit for 30 or so mins, then rinse & poo. (( cheapie favs are Tresemme Anti breakage, VO5, White Rain, oh & can't for my beloved DDTA/DDWL condishs)

I use mayo, yogurt and vitamin E capsules..., rub in my hair and put heat cap on for 30 mins.

I tried pre-pooing in the past and was unsuccessful, but I tried it last night, and it was WONDERFUL...my hair came out ULTRA soft and it was blinging!
I used Paul Mitchell's The Detangler, EVOO, and Joico's K-Pak Reconstruct Daily Conditioner for damaged hair. I put on a plastic cap and left it on for almost 2 hours while I got some work done. When I rinsed, my hair felt like buttah! My conditioner seemed to perform better and my hair was incredibly soft while I was detangling...

Pre-pooing will be standard procedure from here on out!

Divine Inspiration said:
I tried pre-pooing in the past and was unsuccessful,

I've tried pre-pooing and I always end up with a ton of breakage! Is it too much oil? Can I pre-poo without the oil and use something else?

I still have 2 weeks to go with my 9 weeks of new growth before I get my kinky twists! Can somebody help a sista out?:lol:

I'm trying it right now. I mixed NTM, suave milk/honey w/ jojoba and now sitting w/plastic cap. I will rinse in morning and see how it turns out.
The only thing with putting it on dry hair is my hair is so thick that it soaks up to much conditioner, so most of the conditioner is gone already.
Unless I have superfabulistic spectacular results tomorrow, I won't be doing it to often.

sylver2 said:
I'm trying it right now. I mixed NTM, suave milk/honey w/ jojoba and now sitting w/plastic cap. I will rinse in morning and see how it turns out.
The only thing with putting it on dry hair is my hair is so thick that it soaks up to much conditioner, so most of the conditioner is gone already.
Unless I have superfabulistic spectacular results tomorrow, I won't be doing it to often.

NTM Leave in or DDC?

Hair Peace said:
NTM Leave in or DDC?

neither, I will never stop using my DDC though..lol
I was at another Target outside my neighborhood and saw that the NTM Serum, leave in and the mask regular Price was only $1.66. (not the DDC). Thats REGULAR Price. $1.66. I couldn't believe it. I got 3 bottles of each.
So I said for only $1.66 I can try that prepoo thing and use the mask. :lol:

Im gonna mix up some stuff and try a pre poo tomorrow :)

I like to keep it simple, so Ill prob use my Suave Humectant and some Evoo and see how that works

Okay I can't do it, I put in so much conditioner and parts of my hair is still dry and its itchy.
Even though its like 1am I think I'm gonna wash/rinse hair. I just can't do it on dry hair... to thick or something. So I'll be rinsing and reapplying conditioner- this time DDC to wet hair and going to bed with plastic cap.

I love doing a prepoo with mayonnaise. It has oil and eggs! And even though I smell like a ham sammich for an hour, my hair is so silky afterwards.

I rinse my hair with water and apply Dabur Vatika Oil, EVOO and Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner. I RARELY pre-poo, but when I do this stays on overnight the day before I shampoo.

KhandiB said:
Im gonna mix up some stuff and try a pre poo tomorrow :)

I like to keep it simple, so Ill prob use my Suave Humectant and some Evoo and see how that works

I do the method.
Your hair is beautiful. My inspiration!

Back