What do you use to lay your edges down?

By the way Poochie that card in your siggy have me cracking up, I guess thats a sure fire way to get a man:lachen:

I use Vonte' Silk Effects...I just started using this product and it lays my edges down real good!!! I wear ponytails and I apply this stuff to my "kitchen area" and my hair is so soft, sleek & under control.

www.vonteproducts.com

I put a little ORS Lock and Twist Gel on my edges and then put on a scarf for about ten minutes to hold the hair down till it dries. No more out of control edges :yep:

I love this gel, it has good ingredients, doesn't dry my hair out and it's cheap :up:

Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter
Beyond the Zone Wax Stick
Tancho Stick

I use Vonte' Silk Effects...I just started using this product and it lays my edges down real good!!! I wear ponytails and I apply this stuff to my "kitchen area" and my hair is so soft, sleek & under control.

www.vonteproducts.com

Gonna have to go back to using Vonte.....that stuff is awesome. Imma check out the wax stick too.
I really need to leave the IC gel alone. That stuff makes my hair hard....but it's cheap.

Curl-Souffle.jpg

CURLS curls soufflé
PAEBIALELKJJFFGFt.jpg

Blow NYC Mane Tame

I spritz my hairline with distilled water first(if it is dry), followed by a 'healthy amount' of Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. Smooth it with my fingers and then tie it down with a silk scarf .

Last edited:
I'm been trying to find this stuff. Where do you get it?

I bought this yesterday at Sally's. Got for 6.99. I put it on my daughter's edges last night before bed. This morning her edges are soft and smooth.
Now.....we'll see how it looks when she comes home from school. :look:

I applied it to her hairline with a toothbrush.

On the rare occasion I use gel it's either ORS Lock & Twist Gel or Lots 'O Curls. Lately, I've been only using whatever product I put in my hair and water. Then, I tie it down for a bit. My hair's thin and fine, so it doesn't take a lot even now in its natural state.

Fantasia IC gel
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel
Elasta QP Glaze
Castor oil

^^^ + water + brush + scarf

On the rare occasion I use gel it's either ORS Lock & Twist Gel or Lots 'O Curls. Lately, I've been only using whatever product I put in my hair and water. Then, I tie it down for a bit. My hair's thin and fine, so it doesn't take a lot even now in its natural state.

How do you like this? Does it flake and/or dry hard?

If I need it straight I will glaze over it with a warm straightening comb.

-and-

If I just need it to lay down, I will put a little pomade on my edges and tie it down with a silky scarf.

Back