What do you think of Olive Oil

Caramel Jewel

I'm transitioning...When I had a head full of relaxed hair, I noticed that after appling olive oil it did not moisturize very well, my hair would still feel dry and it seemed like it just sat on my relaxed hair and just made it oily...but now since I have more new growth...it is has actually softened my natural hair a bit....I'm liking it...

I'm glad I did not give up on it....

For me, it is great as a prepoo, or if I want to add a little to my con. , but it does nothing for my relaxed hair when it's dry or when I try to seal with it :nono:

EVOO does nothing for my hair. I can't pre poo, seal, or add it to my DCs. It's the only oil I have issues with.

I have relaxed hair and I love it for mixing with my DC and for oil rinses. I've gotten wonderful results with it. I would never use it to seal though, it seems way too heavy for that.

I use it to mix with my DCs, but I hate using it to seal. I prefer coconut oil because it gives a better shine. Plus EVOO makes my hair smell like Bertucci's:nono:.

For me, it is great as a prepoo, or if I want to add a little to my con. , but it does nothing for my relaxed hair when it's dry or when I try to seal with it :nono:

What kind of oil do you use instead? I tried to prepoo with olive oil and it didn't seem to do too much with my relaxed hair. I have a huge thing of it though and I don't want to waste it. I tried mixing it with Mizani H20 but that stuff just weighs my hair down with or without the evoo

I used to use EVOO back in the day to pre-poo when I was natural. I need to try that again...worked pretty well back then.

I love it! My hair responses well with it, I get a perfect balance not to oily not to dry, its not heavy. The only compliant I have is that the EVOO won't keep my hair "greased" past 2 days.

What kind of oil do you use instead? I tried to prepoo with olive oil and it didn't seem to do too much with my relaxed hair. I have a huge thing of it though and I don't want to waste it. I tried mixing it with Mizani H20 but that stuff just weighs my hair down with or without the evoo

I don't have any reccomendations because I am still looking for a natural oil that will do wonders for my wet/dry hair. I'm thinking about trying castor oil though. In the meantime I :love: using serums. They really seal in the moisture, leave shine, and make it easier to detangle.

you can use it to cook with :) you can add some red wine vinegar and salt and peper and make a great low fat salad dressing... its very healthy for you:)

I use it as a butter substitute....most of the time

Last edited:
I use it as a pre-poo.

Sometimes I mix, EVOO, avocado oil and coconut oil - leave it on over night and wash the next morning. LOVE it!

Back