What do you recommend?

shoodrat

I had recently used naturalxer and it made my hair extremely dry, I took alot of advice on the board about keeping my hair moist. Now I have alot of new growth, and the naturalxer didn't straighten my hair. The last time I permed my hair was 5 months ago. I've been wearing my own hair braid into cornrows and wearing a weave ponnytail. How long should I wait to try to perm my hair? What do you guys recommend as far as a good relaxer, my hair is pretty thick.

shoodrat I used the bodiphier which is similar if not the same sort of thing. Well what i did was use a lye relaxer Affirm Mild and mixed a lil Olive oil into the relaxer before applying. I also went over the bodiphied hair with the lye to condition it but not for long. It made all the difference. I personally am NOT recommending doing the exact same thing in terms of running the relaxer through the hair, but I know my hair and I'm sure it's different from yours. Use your judgement in that aspect. If you feel unsure, how about maybe going for a consultation or just doing this next touch up professionally, and doing the rest there after yourself if you prefer.

Let us know how it goes.

When you apply the olive oil into the relaxer what does it do? Does it make you hair smoother or shininer once you are done with the relaxer?

The lye relaxer is quite conditioning already, but I think it varies on the individual's hair and how the application of OO to the relaxer reacts on their hair. For me it adds moisture to the hair, because when the relaxer works on the hair shaft it opens up and the OO has a chance to penetrate the hair shaft from the inside. I think it makes my hair that bit shinier, but it's so hard to tell.

I actually think the mixing of the relaxer to a smooth consitency actually makes the world of difference with me. I find I don't need to smooth as much. I sort of just whip it up /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back