what do you do?

4mia

Since its very cold well everywhere, how are you all drying your hair? I pefer to air dry but I refuse to let my girls or myself walk around with wet hair. Its too cold for that

I just air dry as usual. The temperature inside my house is still the same, no matter how cold it is outside. So my house is comfortable enough to air dry.

If I want to sport a wash n go, well, I just wash the evening before :look: So it's more like wash n go to bed :lol:. Then spritz to refresh in the morning.

I blow dry to get my hair almost dry and then I air dry the rest. But I think I read somewhere that air drying is bad for your hair... What say ya'll?

I blow dry to get my hair almost dry and then I air dry the rest. But I think I read somewhere that air drying is bad for your hair... What say ya'll?
I don't think so. I mean I'm sure people air dried or towel dried back before blow dryers were invented. My hair thrived when I air dried and flat ironed

I only diffuse about halfway, then I let it air dry the rest of the way. I would never be able to leave the house if I just airdried hahaha

I also wash on days off. I get my hair to dry quicker by towel drying well with a microfiber towel before I braid it up. If I have to be somewhere I sit under the dryer for a portion of the time. The towel drying really helps though. My hair is only damp when I braid it up.

I also air dry. But I usually wash when I know I'm going to stay in (winter and summer).

I wash my hair in the morning on a day where I know I'll be home all day. I then partly 'towel dry' (using a cotton t-shirt instead of towel) then allow the rest to air dry.

When I don't feel like dealing with damp hair at all, I use a blowdryer, which is about once every couple of months.

I wash my hair in the morning on a day where I know I'll be home all day. I then partly 'towel dry' (using a cotton t-shirt instead of towel) then allow the rest to air dry.

When I don't feel like dealing with damp hair at all, I use a blowdryer, which is about once every couple of months.

What difference do the t-shirt make? Is it better than the microfiber towels?

What difference do the t-shirt make? Is it better than the microfiber towels?

I tried it after seeing Naptural85 do it on YouTube. It supposedly creates less frizz. I think because it dries the hair slower/more gently. It doesn't absorb as well as a towel though.

Nowadays, I do it because I don't want any towel lint getting trapped in my locs (I even use a black t-shirt) and because the t-shirt is larger, and comfier.

I tried it after seeing Naptural85 do it on YouTube. It supposedly creates less frizz. I think because it dries the hair slower/more gently. It doesn't absorb as well as a towel though.

Nowadays, I do it because I don't want any towel lint getting trapped in my locs (I even use a black t-shirt) and because the t-shirt is larger, and comfier.

Hmm that makes sense

I wash my hair the night before since I rarely have time in the morning. Its usually about 90% dry and I sometimes finish it off with a dryer/disfuser in the winter.

I always airdry my hair. I generally try to wash my hair a few hours before going to bed and wrap it in a t-shirt and its generally 95-100% dry in the morning.

IMO airdrying hair with some type of leave in on it is great, but a naked air dry is a no no.

I wash, DC add leave ins and plait it to dry overnight. If I want it to dry quicker, I will change how the hair is parted so that the hair that was inside the plait is now exposed so it won't be damp in the morning.

Last edited:

Air drying is the healthiest way to dry your hair. Unless you let the hair get tangled, I see no reason why it could be bad for you.

I always air dry my hair. Unlike my sister who's hair can take days to dry, mine usually takes an hour or so for the water to completely evaporate. If it's not fully dry and I need to be somewhere, for example after showering at the gym, I wear my satin scarf with a winter hat on top.

Back