What did i do wrong?!?!?

daddy89

Yesterday, I relaxed with ors relaxer in normal. I've relaxed with this brand before and had really good results but yesterday was different. So i based my scalp with grease, applied relaxer to new growth, then smooth it out. When it was time to rinse out, i used ors neutralizing shampoo. I shampood 5 times. After, i shampood, i deep conditioned, then air dried with argan oil overnight. This morning when I got up to flat iron, I noticed my hair was kinda stiff and really dry. I added more argan oil and proceeded to flat iron. My hair looked really nice but my scalp didnt feel right. I went to school and couldn't help but notice how irritated my scalp was so i called my sis and she said that maybe I didnt shampoo enough. So i went to the store and picked up some isoplus shampoo,went home and shampood my hair. THE SUDS WERE REALLY PINK!!!! Afterwards, i deep conditioned and I'm air drying right now. Can someone PLEASE tell me what I can do to nurse my scalp back?!?! Also, what are some good product I can use???

I'm so glad you thought to re-neutralize immediately.

Those Pink Suds were a true indication that you still had relaxer in your hair and as we know, relaxer continues to 'process'

I would a nice HOT (Hot Oil Treatment) in some Olive or Coconut Oil. That should really soothe your scalp. And if I didn't want to use Heat, I'd do an Oil Soak.

I wouldn't over manipulate my hair either. I'd be very gentle with my scalp.:sad:

After that HOT, I'd keep it nice & moisturized. 1st Wash, I'd do a good protein or reconstructor per the directions and follow up with a nice Moisturizing DC'er.

Girl..... Wow! When I texlax I buy a small bottle of isoplus and I use the whole bottle on my head that day. I take no chances. I buy a new bottle every texlax session. I only use color coded neutralizer. I think isoplus is the best.

Glad you re-neutralized.

A little trick I do after I have neutralized about 3 times when the suds are a light pink I let the isoplus sit on my head for like 10 minutes until the suds fad/disappear. When I rinse it out and neutralize again the suds are white. You gotta leave it on a mintue to let it work. I know some people just shampoo until it turns white, but I let mine marinate a bit.

I Agree. I use the Isoplus with the Color Coded Alarm too.

I think I also have another 'brand' (Liv) as well that has the same Alarm System.

Baby your Hair the next few weeks. Limit Direct Heat. And Keep Us Posted.:yep:

Yesterday, I relaxed with ors relaxer in normal. I've relaxed with this brand before and had really good results but yesterday was different. So i based my scalp with grease, applied relaxer to new growth, then smooth it out. When it was time to rinse out, i used ors neutralizing shampoo. I shampood 5 times. After, i shampood, i deep conditioned, then air dried with argan oil overnight. This morning when I got up to flat iron, I noticed my hair was kinda stiff and really dry. I added more argan oil and proceeded to flat iron. My hair looked really nice but my scalp didnt feel right. I went to school and couldn't help but notice how irritated my scalp was so i called my sis and she said that maybe I didnt shampoo enough. So i went to the store and picked up some isoplus shampoo,went home and shampood my hair. THE SUDS WERE REALLY PINK!!!! Afterwards, i deep conditioned and I'm air drying right now. Can someone PLEASE tell me what I can do to nurse my scalp back?!?! Also, what are some good product I can use???

I know you shampooed 5 times, but in one of the poos did you allow the poo to sit for 5 min? That really makes a big difference.

Back